Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The usual check engine light comes on, go get code read, P1410 which is EGR valve position sensor circuit. Look up how to test it in Chilton manual (resistance), but I guess 1MZ-FE is know for EGR lift sensor, so my question is, is it possible that this code could be tripped by lift sensor which is $33.12 or is it more likely the valve position sensor which is ~$150.00. Any one have experience with EGRs on 1MZ-FE? I hate to take it to dealer and get charged $65 diagnostic fee when I have it 3/4 figured out, and I'm plenty capable of changing the suspected part. The engine itself runs great, so I'm not to worried, bunk EGRs don't hurt anything but wallets and the environment :mad:

By the way I called the dealer and they gave me this shmeal about how I really need to bring it in, and I can't talk to a technician, who would probably know immediately, but this is what I expected, I should have told him I'll buy a Honda next time so I won't have this problem. J/k

Oh also, my car is a '99 Avalon if it matters

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is where I got it read and cleared for free. This is a persistant problem.

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I had a 2000! I guess the 1MZ-FE is know for this lift sensor, or so MSN says, but I can't find any info on were it is. It must be another name for the same part. I checked the resistance on my EGR valve position sensor today and got nothing (should have been 1k-2.4K) so I think I found the problem. I'm still kinda curious what a lift sensor is though?
The dealer wants $44 for the part and has to order it. So where is the best place to get Toyota parts on the net. I would definetly buy new, as a used one is probably not worth the hassle.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
well if you dont have emissions i would say bypass the sensor. for the conector just put a 1-2.4k resistor in (depends on which is closed) and it should be fine, i think there might be another sensor you have to bypass as well to do that which i would belive is the temp sensor, and that would need a 4.7k resistor (would make it think too hot and close it) to bypass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts