Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, so I'm doing some more fine tuning on my camry and I've read a lot of previous posts on cleaning the EGR valve.
I removed the EGR vacuum modulator filter and it looks pretty dirty.
The book says you should be able to blow it out with air compressor, but I think a 16 year old filter is probably too clogged to be useful. Called the dealer for this specific part and they said it is not sold separately. Would have to buy a new EGR valve for $157.
Any suggestions on replacing this part? It looks like a piece of dense felt-type material about the size of a looney. Don't want to have to replace the whole EGR valve if I can help it...

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
4,965 Posts
The filter's pretty course and I would say if you can blow through it easily then it's going to be ok. You can try washing it with soap and water then rinse and dry to get the dirt off the fibres.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The filter's pretty course and I would say if you can blow through it easily then it's going to be ok. You can try washing it with soap and water then rinse and dry to get the dirt off the fibres.

That's a good idea, thanks - I'm going to try it. I was thinking of cutting a piece of similar felt-like material and using that, but wasn't sure it would perform the same and didn't want to cause more problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts