Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sry my engine is a bit dirty.. :lol: but anyways, my cel is on.. and i posted my codes up before and someone said something about the egr. I have no clue where the hell it is? Someone said to clean it with throttle body cleaner though. If you can spot it, please circle it and repost a picture to this thread. thx! :thumbup:

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
I posted a photo of the EGR on my Camry a few days ago...should be in a similar location on the Corolla

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea yours is up by the wiper blades.. there is pretty much a big ass hole in that location if you cant see form the pictures

but o yea i forgot about the haynes manual.. didnt even cross my mind, but yea i guess i would have to buy it

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Does your 1ZZFE even have EGR? I'm reading something and it says EGR system is eliminated on 1ZZFE. It doesn't say if it appliese to the NA/US version though.

Also, I didn't know your engine was backwards so if there even is an EGR, it would be towards the front of the car. The intake manifold and throttle body on 1ZZFE is on the front and the exhaust and headers face the firewall.

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wtf.. i just looked at a weird forum thing.. and people said that the dealy is a square box shaped thing by the rear suspension??.. this car is pissingme off.. although it seems as though many prizm throw this code very often and seem to have no problems just as i dont..

actual quote "Evap is in the center of the car near the rear suspention, to the right of the gas tank. It's squareish".. so a.. im gonna look there i suppose..

anyone acctually heard of this?

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why will no one answer this question???.. ive searched and searched and found nothing.. someone must have had the po441and the po446 code...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts