Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey everyone i just lowered my 14 corolla s with Eibach lowering springs from 10th gen 1.4 front and 2.0 Rear. Just got them installed 1hr ago, they fit with no problem only the front was a little tricky but over all no problems, the car looks much better it will still lower it self a little more within the next two weeks after it settles, but i am very happy with these springs rides very good much better handling, no bouncing and the car is not slammed as it would be with Teins.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
Awesome! There are two versions of Teins you can get..the one I got will only drop the car 1.6/1.8" front and rear respectively.

PM me the pictures and I'll post them up for you!

Reactions: Impac

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
From my understanding...any aftermarket additions on their own cannot automatically void the warranty. If you have an issue and Toyota can determine that a particular part is the cause of your issue, they will most definitely void you warranty.

·
Toyota Appliance Driver
159 Posts
Thats a really good stance. Lowered but still looks factory. Dont know if Eibach makes both but did you get the Pro Kit or the Sportlines?

Reactions: Impac

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the Pro kit I did not want to lower it to much I just wanted to get rid of the huge gap, friend of my installed Teins 2.0 Front and 2.0 rear on his LE Eco and he is thinking about switching Chicago sucks for slammed cars.

·
Toyota Appliance Driver
159 Posts
This is the Pro kit I did not want to lower it to much I just wanted to get rid of the huge gap, friend of my installed Teins 2.0 Front and 2.0 rear on his LE Eco and he is thinking about switching Chicago sucks for slammed cars.
Did you have a shop do it or did you do it yourself? I ask cuz i keep hearing the front is tricky but no on elaborates on he how.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had it installed by a shop, it took around 2hrs to install the front is not as tricky as everyone says, I was there during the install and now if I was to do it again I would do it my self looked easy and I'm not a mechanic by any means.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
If your friend is looking to stay with Teins tell him to go with this SKQ26-AUB00...those springs won't give it as much drop...it should be similar to yours.

Mine just came in today but I probably won't be able to install them for another week or so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey GlockGuy just talked to him he wants to stop by over the weekend and test drive my car and see how it is because the Teins he got bounce the car a lot he says and its to low for him, he's not sure if its because its that low and it bounces or if its the springs Thanks for the Part # on the ones you got.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
Hey GlockGuy just talked to him he wants to stop by over the weekend and test drive my car and see how it is because the Teins he got bounce the car a lot he says and its to low for him, he's not sure if its because its that low and it bounces or if its the springs Thanks for the Part # on the ones you got.
Yeah he got the 9th gen corolla springs I'm guessing(Part Number - SKL00-AUB00
)...that is just way too much of a drop at 2.3/2.4" front a rear.

Just as an aside, have him check air pressure as well. I've heard some people have 40lbs of air when in fact it should be 32lb in S model. That higher pressure makes the ride suck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure for the Part # but i know he got 10th gen Teins 2.0 F and 2.0R at least thats what he told me. And as far as the air pressure im not sure but he just got the car 2 weeks ago so i would think it should be the right amount.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
I'm not sure for the Part # but i know he got 10th gen Teins 2.0 F and 2.0R at least thats what he told me. And as far as the air pressure im not sure but he just got the car 2 weeks ago so i would think it should be the right amount.
Just looking through their product list...only thing they have that advertises past 2" of drops are for the 03-08 Corolla, which is the 2.3/2.4 drop that I mentioned previously.

·
Toyota Appliance Driver
159 Posts
There were 2 versions of the Tein's for the 9th gen (2003-08). The S-Tech and the H-Tech. The H-Tech provided a drop similar to the Eibach Pro Kit and the spring rates on those also resulted in a less bouncy ride. The S-Tech's were the more aggressive ones and even back then there was a lot of chatter about them giving a very bouncy ride.

Reactions: GlockGuy

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
There were 2 versions of the Tein's for the 9th gen (2003-08). The S-Tech and the H-Tech. The H-Tech provided a drop similar to the Eibach Pro Kit and the spring rates on those also resulted in a less bouncy ride. The S-Tech's were the more aggressive ones and even back then there was a lot of chatter about them giving a very bouncy ride.
Thanks for that info, I'll report when I get my Tein's S-Techs on...hopefully late next week. My buddy and I are going to have a tinker around on the Yota day.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts