Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback XSE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone! So I noticed that a lot of people that lower their HB's are using the RSR Superdowns. Looks great, thinking of getting one soon as well but I noticed that the back part looks too low and am afraid that if I load something or have someone sitting in the back, it will look more slammed, which was one issue I had with my 10 Series XB using Tanabe NF210's which was the milder version. Anyone with Superdowns have this issue? I'm aware that there is a milder drop with the Eibach and RSR Down Springs but I couldn't find any images online of a Corolla HB with it. Can anyone with Downs or Eibachs post pics and feedback please?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have been using Eibach Sport and Pro since early days. For RSR coilover is nice but I am not sure how well it will hold up in our nasty winter where road salts and sands are everywhere.

Depends on the price I will likely do Eibach Pro + Koni FSD, it gives enough drop for street use and it's wife friendly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Plenty of people have been happy with both the RSR springs. The downs would be what you sound like you are wanting with a 1 inch drop. Which people who are concerned with being too low go with and it still rides great very similar to stock.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
992 Posts
Yup. RSR is the best option. I used to swear by Tanabe springs for their ride vs handling balance, but RSR has more handling focused springs that still don't sacrifice ride comfort.

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback XSE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Desy! Love your Youtube vids and pics of your HB. The Superdown is actually on my list and will most likely get it but again, all I see online are pics HB's with Superdowns. Was really hoping to see pics of HB's with Downs and Eibachs so I can have an idea how it looks before I finalize on the Superdowns

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
992 Posts
What's up everyone! So I noticed that a lot of people that lower their HB's are using the RSR Superdowns. Looks great, thinking of getting one soon as well but I noticed that the back part looks too low and am afraid that if I load something or have someone sitting in the back,
Oh forgot to mention. RSR super downs, used a stiff spring rate. I've had 3 grown adults in my rear and had no issues with suspension travel or clearance. The rear springs from RSR are actually rear bias. Now this is good for 2 reasons, 1: takes more weight over them, to get them to compress. 2: gives the car more neutral handling and balance when cornering. There are SOME people here (OK so really just one person) who will say "that's wrong! that's now how it's supposed to be, the rears should be softer than the fronts because that's how stock is". But I just ignore them because they apparently know nothing of performance suspension setups on a FWD.

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback XSE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am glad this topic got brought up, since I am seriously considering the RS-R Down springs. Since I want the look/handling, after every winter here it's pot-hole city and this car is my daily.
Yeah same here. I do a 60 mile round-trip daily to drop off my kid then head to work. Los Angeles is a pot-hole city year-round LOL

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback XSE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
992 Posts
Super downs are honestly a great ride, and I've not had any clearance issues.It's managed to clear every lift I've put it on, and never scraped. (keep in mind, I've been driving lowered cars longer than some people have been driving)

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback XSE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Still waiting for actual pics if any. Come on guys don't be shy...LOL. In the meantime, I took these pics from RS-R's website and joined em. Was bored at work. I know it's not a good, accurate comparison but it's to give us (people still on stocks) an idea of how it should look at least.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Super downs are honestly a great ride, and I've not had any clearance issues.It's managed to clear every lift I've put it on, and never scraped. (keep in mind, I've been driving lowered cars longer than some people have been driving)

Hey I'm planning on getting the 2019 se hatchback but I'm in Canada and we have bad winter storms.. Would you recommend just the Rsr downs or could I get super downs without having to change back to stock and winter tires every season? What tips could I safely drive during winter with super downs?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey I'm planning on getting the 2019 se hatchback but I'm in Canada and we have bad winter storms.. Would you recommend just the Rsr downs or could I get super downs without having to change back to stock and winter tires every season? What tips could I safely drive during winter with super downs?
Would recommend the downs if you are worried about road conditions, the super downs are great as well if you are okay with the lower ride height but in my opinion, the ride is a little bounce personally before I switched over to the RSR coilovers. Either RSR Downs, Eibach, or TEIN would be a great choice for the 1 inch drop where it rides close to stock and easier to get around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya thats what i was thinking and then just get front side back lips to make it look lower kind of and just get 18 wheels but then if snow is so bad where even only just RSR downs will run into problems, i might as well just go super down since i need to change every season anyways. would you be experienced with low vehilces in winter or have the exp/knowledge?

also if i need to switch back to OEM springs, does that need to be professionally done since it needs a preload?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts