Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 620 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Barstow, as in Kaliforniastan?

You'll regret going there, Ekam. It's like using drugs.... once isn't a big deal but living there will get you killed.

·
Premium Member
34,677 Posts
The only place it's good for is the bathroom in that McDonalds.
We're rough on that town, aren't we? :lol:

I can hereby testify, though, that one of the three worst meals I ever ate in my life was at a Burger King in Barstow. Wasn't my idea, but my buddy wanted to stop there and I was stupid enough to agree. :disappoin Imagine eating stale, limp, undercooked roadkill sauteed in grease and probably boogers from the teen who cooked it. I couldn't finish the shit they served, and actually wanting to vomit to feel better is not a good place to be for the next eight hours. Not to be repeated. :thumbsdow

·
There is no substitute.
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way I'm going to Barstow... but I do feel I should make my way down to Cali sometime and meet Kev. :lol:

·
Premium Member
34,677 Posts
No way I'm going to Barstow... but I do feel I should make my way down to Cali sometime and meet Kev. :lol:
I'll take you along on my Death Valley death march coming up next month. You'll love it, and I promise there'll be no donkey sex....:lol:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I must be the only person who didn't mind Barstow. . I sort even liked the semi abandoned and run down hangars. .

G

·
0 Posts
I'll take you along on my Death Valley death march coming up next month. You'll love it, and I promise there'll be no donkey sex....:lol:

Just as long as you don't give him the Death Valley version of "Deliverance" it'll probably be good, Kevin.

Pity that the "hillbillie" didn't suffer more.... I hate rapists. I'd have shot him in the dick myself.

·
Premium Member
34,677 Posts
I must be the only person who didn't mind Barstow. . I sort even liked the semi abandoned and run down hangars. .
I guess I've seen worse. Heck, for deserts I think Lancaster is worse, even if it is near Edwards AFB and Palmdale with all the aircraft eye candy to see buzzing around. Lancaster is the most bleak stretch of desert I think I've ever seen, with wind that fricking never stops, winter temperatures into single digits, summers temps of 120, and just all around miserable. :thumbsdow

Baker is another toilet...maybe because it always smells like a toilet...with some of the worst, fleabag motels you've ever had the misery of staying at. Got desperate once and stayed at the Bun Boy's motel...:facepalm:...and what a mistake that was. 25 degrees outside, no heat in the room, and no hot water. I was so dirty I had to take a shower and clean my hair, and I almost froze to death doing it. I was shivering in bed, hypothermic, two hours later under fleabag sheets. Only worse blankets I've ever been under was in Egypt, and you don't want to know about that. :disappoin

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I guess I've seen worse. Heck, for deserts I think Lancaster is worse, even if it is near Edwards AFB and Palmdale with all the aircraft eye candy to see buzzing around. Lancaster is the most bleak stretch of desert I think I've ever seen, with wind that fricking never stops, winter temperatures into single digits, summers temps of 120, and just all around miserable. :thumbsdow

Baker is another toilet...maybe because it always smells like a toilet...with some of the worst, fleabag motels you've ever had the misery of staying at. Got desperate once and stayed at the Bun Boy's motel...:facepalm:...and what a mistake that was. 25 degrees outside, no heat in the room, and no hot water. I was so dirty I had to take a shower and clean my hair, and I almost froze to death doing it. I was shivering in bed, hypothermic, two hours later under fleabag sheets. Only worse blankets I've ever been under was in Egypt, and you don't want to know about that. :disappoin
For me, Barstow just happened to be a blessing compared to Ft Irwin, but yeah, there is much worse out there. I have a buddy in Egypt now, says it's pretty lousy as they can't really go anywhere due to the unrest.

I lived several years in Tracy, and it always smelled like cow shit during the summer until the developers moved in. My Dad would take us out and about to see what the rest of California had to offer, and I kind of miss living there. I hate deserts though, hell I hate sand so much now I even avoid the beach.

Ekam- Have fun, wish I could go!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Baker is another toilet...maybe because it always smells like a toilet...with some of the worst, fleabag motels you've ever had the misery of staying at. Got desperate once and stayed at the Bun Boy's motel...:facepalm:...and what a mistake that was. 25 degrees outside, no heat in the room, and no hot water. I was so dirty I had to take a shower and clean my hair, and I almost froze to death doing it. I was shivering in bed, hypothermic, two hours later under fleabag sheets.
They should have paid you to stay there, not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
34,677 Posts
You're in Vegas? You should have said something, I could possibly have swung a visit. I haz a sad.

They should have paid you to stay there, not the other way around.
You can say that again! The worst of it is the Bun Boy in Baker is a quick stop/mini mart kind of business, and they run the motel on the side. My experience getting a room was the same as three other people I've talked to, which was these clowns took their sweet ass time getting around to handing the motel business, and they acted like they were doing some sort of universal kindness, some universal favor actually renting out a room. :disappoin

If I was a different kind of person, and if there were true justice in this world, I'd have burned the fucking place to the ground not only to spite those motherfuckers but also as a public service getting rid of a rat trap that should have been condemned twenty years ago.

If I'm ever stuck in Baker again for any reason I'll sleep in my vehicle, thank you very much. And when I need potty breaks I'll do them around the grounds of the Bun Boy. :lol: The sad thing is that place literally stinks so badly--like an open sewer--no one would notice the difference in smell. :facepalm:

·
There is no substitute.
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah can't make you do that Kev... crazy for you to take 4-5 hr drive but perhaps with better planning next year, I can get a rental and meet somewhere in the middle.

·
Premium Member
34,677 Posts
Nah can't make you do that Kev... crazy for you to take 4-5 hr drive but perhaps with better planning next year, I can get a rental and meet somewhere in the middle.
That's cool. BTW, if by some far out chance you can swing it, I'll be in Vegas for three or four days in late February to hang out with family and my high roller father-in-law bringing us in on his comps. :thumbsup: Anyway, it's a possibility, and if not there'll be other times. One of these days we should get together with Gene......Pennsylvania will never be the same....:lol:

G

·
0 Posts
That's cool. BTW, if by some far out chance you can swing it, I'll be in Vegas for three or four days in late February to hang out with family and my high roller father-in-law bringing us in on his comps. :thumbsup: Anyway, it's a possibility, and if not there'll be other times. One of these days we should get together with Gene......Pennsylvania will never be the same....:lol:

I would bore the shit out of you guys.

Except at the gun range. I was there today. As usual everyone was doing their "duellist stance". I hit the deck braced up and let go.

I never give a chump an even break. Especially the ones down range.

·
Premium Member
34,677 Posts
I would bore the shit out of you guys.

Except at the gun range. I was there today. As usual everyone was doing their "duellist stance". I hit the deck braced up and let go.

I never give a chump an even break. Especially the ones down range.
Not a problem. Dickson can show you his competition and accuracy skills, and I could show you how to survive and evade in a Ghillie suit. If that isn't a gun owner and shooter bucket of fun, I don't know what is. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Not a problem. Dickson can show you his competition and accuracy skills, and I could show you how to survive and evade in a Ghillie suit. If that isn't a gun owner and shooter bucket of fun, I don't know what is. :lol:
When it warms up.... we could meet out in Eastern PA, where Ekam has some buddies.

No face pics though.... I am shy. :)

1 - 20 of 620 Posts