Toyota Nation Forum banner

601 - 620 of 620 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
Stock pads are fine. Don't want to upgrade them since I drive it all year round.

Cross-drilled rotors eventually will have hairline crack but that's what the car comes with. I might upgrade to 2-piece slotted rotors down the road but they're $1k a set... :|

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Stock pads are fine. Don't want to upgrade them since I drive it all year round.

Cross-drilled rotors eventually will have hairline crack but that's what the car comes with. I might upgrade to 2-piece slotted rotors down the road but they're $1k a set... :|
And that's why I own a poorman's Porsche...an old air cooled VW. At least the engine is in the right place. :D

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts

For daily driving slotted rotors eat pads more quickly and provide a little less grip than blanks but they do rid dust better than drilled rotors usually without cracking. I have blanks with black anti rust coating on the hubs and vents so they will look nice for the 2yrs or so that I'll have them. May not look as sporty as drilled or slotted to some people but it brakes really good either way. Got all 4 rotors for a little over $400. The Hawk HPS 5.0 pads I got this time leave the silver wheels looking way better not dirty within 2wks despite heavy braking. Those EBC yellow pads got the wheels dark within days and squealed.

·
There is no substitute.
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #609
So I spent 3 days at Coeur d'Alene, ID this past weekend... man what a gorgeous little town.

There were multiple times that I thought I was in Switzerland or Italy.

This is the golf course & resort owned by Duane Hagadone, a property developer that owns many properties in the town. He has a $45mil yacht in Monaco, G4 private jet that takes him to his $45mil super mansion in California, and he also owns a company that builds boats.

He also has a $30mil sail boat parked at the lake made of carbon fiber & wood.

Kev, my friend was originally from California but unlike the modern Californians he is super pro-gun, I was shooting his belt-fed Stoner 63 suppressed in his backyard.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
U lucky devil Ekam. (y)

·
There is no substitute.
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
Funny thing was he was talking about how as a kid he used to go camp/hike at Death Valley.

Oh and I watched Tombstone with him. He's a crazy Tombstone fan, he even has the movie poster with everyone's autograph! He's been there a million times as well and he encouraged me to go visit as well.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
That to me was the best cowboy movie of my generation. Loved it.

601 - 620 of 620 Posts