Premium Member
1,275 Posts

·
2,632 Posts
. .

G

·
0 Posts
I think the only time Ekam invaded anything even remotely "middle eastern" was when he did a lady from that part of the world. :)

·
2,632 Posts
I think the only time Ekam invaded anything even remotely "middle eastern" was when he did a lady from that part of the world. :)
Damn it, Gene...

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I've been shooting for decades and I still find myself flinching like that sometimes anticipating the recoil of a shot which surprises me by not firing either being empty or having a rare dud. I've worked on not flinching like that yet I still do sometimes. Just a good excuse to shoot more is all.

G

·
0 Posts
I've been shooting for decades and I still find myself flinching like that sometimes anticipating the recoil of a shot which surprises me by not firing either being empty or having a rare dud. I've worked on not flinching like that yet I still do sometimes. Just a good excuse to shoot more is all.
Ceasing to flinch is tough. I still get it sometimes.

Dry firing helps. So does using BB guns or low powered firearms.

Breathing control is part of the key. Tensing the abdomen while partially releasing the breath can help too.

I think sometimes that flinching is just gonna happen. Getting bent about flinching just makes it worse.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Speaking of flinching while in the woods stalking for hogs I heard something trotting through the brush towards me so I aimed and waited for it to break clear enough for a shot then I flinched and pulled the gun down because I was startled to discover it was a white dog what looked like a large lab. I whistled and called out to it only 80ft away but it never looked to me and kept searching for squirrels or whatever it was hunting after then disappeared away into the woods so it was likely deaf as is most common in white dogs for some reason. Dog had no idea just how close it came to getting drilled with 00 buckshot.

Good reminder to identify what you're seeing before firing. I'd hate to see black movement thinking it was a hog then firing only to find a dead dog laying there.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts