Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
Looks familiar. :)

You should stay in Old Jerusalem before going back home, and budget as many days as possible. You won't regret it. Also, here's a hint, stay at one of the convents or monasteries in the old city. Clean, awesome rooms, unbelievable room rates, and the food if you opt for it is often good too. :thumbsup:

A neighbor of mine and I are planning to return next year, splitting a house in Tiberius for a week, then he and his wife go their way, I jump over into Jordan to meet up with my sister and BIL to do some extensive day and night photography for three days and nights at Petra, then head back to Israel to stay in the old city for a full week before heading home. I love Israel! :)

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
Church of the Holy Sepulchre

And of course the ladder is still there, 2nd floor. :lol: What is it, a hundred years or something like that and none of the Christian denominations can agree on moving the ladder.

·
There is no substitute.
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
And of course, the trip couldn't be complete without going to the Dead Sea.

Sorry no pics since it was a super hot day and the water is pretty dead. :lol:

It was just funny that part of the beach was blocked with a sign that says "Caution: Mines." :rofl:

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
And of course, the trip couldn't be complete without going to the Dead Sea.

Sorry no pics since it was a super hot day and the water is pretty dead. :lol:

It was just funny that part of the beach was blocked with a sign that says "Caution: Mines." :rofl:
So you didn't take a swim?

·
There is no substitute.
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Sadly I didn't take any picture as I left my phone in the locker.

Overall the dead sea is not really an exotic location per se, you just go in, put some mud on, float for a while then leave.

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
It is.

IMO, most of Israel is a strong geographic analog to California, and the deserts are not only strong analogs to areas of Death Valley and Nevada, but also North Africa. You should go. I don't hesitate to say I'm giving very, very serious thought to moving there permanently in another ten to fifteen years, and buy a home in Tiberius with a view of the Sea of Galilee. Israel would be a great retirement location too providing easy access and relatively short flight times to Europe, particularly to the Greek isles which I'd like to explore a lot more in-depth. :)

·
Premium Member
34,672 Posts
And we found the best restaurant in Tel-Aviv called Shila.

https://en.shila-rest.co.il/

Honestly, the food was so good, right up there with a Michelin star.
Do yourself a favor, and if you have the chance head over to the Dan Tel Aviv hotel which has an all-you-can-eat buffet. Trust me, you will never see a larger spread of food in your life, and the quality of the food is an equal match. You don't have to be a hotel guest to access the buffet. IMO, one of those gems you find out about and never forget.

Keep eating in good health over there, brother man! :)

121 - 140 of 170 Posts