Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I was actually at Dan hotel by accident when I was trying to find a cigar lounge. Unfortunately that store closed few months ago.

I found another cigar store 15 mins away, needless to say Israelis love to smoke but just not cigars.

·
Premium Member
34,618 Posts
I was actually at Dan hotel by accident when I was trying to find a cigar lounge. Unfortunately that store closed few months ago.

I found another cigar store 15 mins away, needless to say Israelis love to smoke but just not cigars.
Did you find an actual cigar lounge?

·
There is no substitute.
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
It was only a store with a 2-3 leather chairs. The lady said due to Israeli laws, her store only allows indoor smoking "events" which happens daily from 5-8pm.

I walked back to my hotel and smoked it at the terrace. But it was damn windy and I used half the matches to light it up unevenly...

·
There is no substitute.
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
So, after traveling to Israel what are some of your impressions? Do tell when you have the opportunity. :)
There's simply too much history to go through.

Everybody thought Jerusalem is super religious, but there are normal people that live there also. After shabbat ended on Saturday night, there were people dancing and drinking at a market that turned itself into some sort of night club.

Everyone told me to go to Haifa.

Could've used another week really.

I didn't go to the IAF museum as my friend was too busy. I could've went by myself but it would've been impolite but also taxi fee would've been too much (it's almost 2 hours from Tel-Aviv).

·
Premium Member
34,618 Posts
There's simply too much history to go through.

Everybody thought Jerusalem is super religious, but there are normal people that live there also. After shabbat ended on Saturday night, there were people dancing and drinking at a market that turned itself into some sort of night club.

Everyone told me to go to Haifa.

Could've used another week really.

I didn't go to the IAF museum as my friend was too busy. I could've went by myself but it would've been impolite but also taxi fee would've been too much (it's almost 2 hours from Tel-Aviv).
I agree completely. It's such a tiny country, yet packed with so much history it takes several trips to see it all. I'm planning to go back in Fall 2020 with a friend of mine and his wife. We're going to rent a house at Tiberius and use that as a base of operations for a week. During that week I plan on spending much time seeing the Golan Heights and Qumran. After they leave I will hook up with my sister and BIL, and spend about three days again at Petra to explore the parts tourists don't go and to do night photography with a permit. After Petra, we want to see Jerash again. After that, back to stay in Old Jerusalem a full week and enjoy the city. All in all, it will be a three to three and a half week trip. :)

Haifa is very pretty, very Mediterranean, but there not a whole lot to do there. I'd plan on a single day. If I were to suggest going some place then I'd recommend Old Jerusalem. There's so much to see there that you can spend months if you want, kind of like London. Stay in lodging at convents or other "pilgrim houses." You'll never find more affordable yet comfortable places to stay in the world. I'd love it if you could hook up with me on the Old Jerusalem part of the trip, I think we'd have a blast in the different quarters. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wouldn't break my heart at all to have the Iranians lash out at Israel and spark a significant conflict, with the result being Israel sets Iran back to about 1892 after the air strikes have finished.

:)
Bombing them into the stone age won't help, as they're already used to living like that, and would think it's an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
34,618 Posts
Bombing them into the stone age won't help, as they're already used to living like that, and would think it's an upgrade.
LOL!

But at least they would have no or few submarines, surface vessels, aircraft, missile launchers, and industrial base to support all that. They can be comfortable in their Stone Age world sans any modern-day weapons to play with.

·
Registered
979 Posts
LOL!

But at least they would have no or few submarines, surface vessels, aircraft, missile launchers, and industrial base to support all that. They can be comfortable in their Stone Age world sans any modern-day weapons to play with.
Good point. But then the Iranian people would end up suffering due to no internet or WIFI.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts