Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,685 Posts
I'm tentatively planning to take another trip to Israel next May or so with a neighbor of mine and his wife. Plan is to rent a house in Tiberius for a week and spend that time seeing all points on the west side of the Dead Sea. There are several places I have not seen enough and want to see more. My friends will go their separate ways and I'll meet up with my sister and BIL to spend three days photographing Petra in detail, including getting a permit to shoot at night. After that, back to Israel and another full week in Old Jerusalem. I am so eager to take that trip. :)

·
Premium Member
34,685 Posts
When our plans have firmed up in the coming months I'll let you know. Would be too cool for school to meet up at Petra, or perhaps Old Jerusalem. :) Like I said before, I'm giving serious consideration to retiring to Tiberius in the next ten years or so. Be perfect location to jump off on shorts trips into Europe. There's so much more of Italy and Spain I want to see, plus taking in a lot more hiking in Scotland and Ireland. It would be so nice to live one thousand years to be able to do everything you want to do. :)

·
Premium Member
34,685 Posts
If you're in Jerusalem you need to stay in the spy hotel American Colony... lots of history in that place.
That could be an interesting experience.

I'm looking forward to going back and sampling the food in the Jewish quarter. Found some great places last time in the Armenian quarter. It was great to be there for pleasure and not work. :)

·
There is no substitute.
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
161 - 170 of 170 Posts