Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I picked up the meguiars 3 step process car detaing set. cleaner, polish, wax.

Im going to do this tomarrow, and wanted to know if its better to apply and remove the products by hand or with a orbital buffer.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
i prefer hand methods...its personal prefernce really.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
hand's always better

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, it looks like is going to be hella time consuming, basically waxing your car 3 times, but from what ive read, the results are worth it. Check back here tomarrow for before and after pics!

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
But be careful with the buffer-you can burn alot of your paint off, even with waxing. I prefer the 'hand' job...(get your minds out of the gutter!) Take a soft bristle toothbrush and get in the cracks. :D Let us know how it looks!

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking of clay baring it too, but my paint job is only about 18 months old, and winter is coming, so i think ill wait till spring to give that a shot, get all the winter crap off there.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I think I would go w/ it by hand, but I guess it's to ones own liking.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
I use my Porter Cable 7674 orbital to polish and apply wax (except for PS21/S100) I buff by hand with PS21, but use a buffing bonett for everything else on the PC.

If i want a deep shine I hit a quick polish with DACP, Vanilla Moose, two coasts of Carnaba Moose.
It's so wet you could dive into the 13 year old black paint!

On the silver, or when I want very long term durability I use the Klassa twins and top with either Carnaba Moose, or PS21.
For touch-up waxing I use PS21.

You could build up the Sealant glaze in klassa and get a wet look, but it takes too long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts