Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:

Hey all, looking to do some upgrades to my tundra but running into some issues with keeping things as stock as I can possibly make it.

I have a 2008 toyota tundra limited with the 5.7. I plan on running two 16 inch flexalite cyclone fans. I am trying to buy a dakota digital duel fan controller pac-2750 but cant find anything else in the kit that I will need. I dont want to use a probe for the radiator. I was hoping to either replace the original temp sensor with a duel outlet that the ecu can run off of as well as the fans OR an inline thread in style for the upper rad hose. If I go to the upper line style I need to find the adaptor (most are 50-70 bucks from what I found)

I would like to appeal to others to see what they have done and see what options are gonna happen for this truck. this is one of many upgrades in the next 6 months. Please do not post to tell me that it makes no difference in the performance and its a waste of money. If you have nothing good to say just hold it to yourself cause I don't want to read it.

Future upgrades include a twin turbo kit, duel exhaust, twin afe airboxes for the turbo's. 3 inch leveling kit, 34 inch tires, standalone computer control system (AEM with onboard computer and console) and electric driveshaft kit. In the end, 80 thousand dollars in upgrades but a twin turbo 1000 hp tundra that gets 50mpg and free intown cruising. Big plans but you gotta start somewhere.

·
Registered
Tundra
347 Posts
Im in the process of replacing my clutch driven fan. EscondidoTundra has a kit and he's using an F5 controller. Instead of splicing into the top radiator hose as i've seen on "Tundra Solutions" I removed the front water by-pass and had a 1/2" nipple and had it threaded so the temp sender unit sits right under the left side of the throttle body. I had to remove the upper intake, but it gave me a chance to replace the contacts and brushes on the starter (weren't too bad to begin with, but I'd rather do that since I have this intake plenum removed). I had an extra water by-pass with a threaded nipple fabricated. Work with a local machine shop that does great work on machining parts, welding, ect! I'll be loading up photographs soon. This kit comes with a 16" primary fan and a 14" secondary fan that's connected to the compressor (there are 3 wires that go to the compressor, it's the blue with a red stripe (+) where the wire from the controller goes connected to activate the secondary fan.

·
Körperentsorgungsexperte
14 Posts
I'm running a 14" and a 16" flexalite fan in mine. They are staggered diagonally and I'm not sure I could have fit two 16" fans. I built two independent circuits with relays and operate the fans manually from a pair of small switches mounted beside my Tow/Haul button.

They won't come on automatically, but I like being able to control them. Fans off lets it warm up faster in the cold weather, and I can turn both of them on when I'm sitting still and the A/C works great in the summer heat.

I find that I don't need either fan running as long as I'm moving. I'll leave the 14" fan running at red lights and I leave it on when I'm driving in-town or very slow traffic. I've never actually needed the 16" fan to keep the engine cool, but I can imagine instances where I might. Maybe off road work in the summer heat. Maybe.

And yes, there is a nice little boost in both power and fuel mileage. I average 1MPG better after I got rid of the stock 12 pound engine-driven fan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.