Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry XLE 2.4L (U250E Transmission)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2008 Toyota Camry XLE 2.4L (non-hybrid), U250E Transmission. I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket on it and accidentally touched the positive lead on the alternator to the exhaust manifold gasket, needless to say, it caused a spark and scared me. I was happy because I fixed a transmission leak I was having, changed that manifold gasket, and replaced a ball joint. Well, when I got the car running it ran horribly. The windows rolled down once but now won't roll up or down now, the ODB interface does not work, and all the lights are on on the dash. Have any ideas on what this could be? I replaced the ECU and alternator trying to fix this, I tested the battery (which is good) and tested every fuse inside and in the engine bay.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry XLE 2.4L (U250E Transmission)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check the 120A ALT fuse in the engine bay? The symptoms sound similar to a blown ALT fuse. Look for a break in the filament at the top, near the center.
Yup, it’s broke. Going to the Toyota dealership tomorrow to get another. I’ll update you. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts