Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP ME!!!

I hooked up an underglow kit underneath my 2000 celica GTS. I made sure that I hooked it up correctly, i triple checked. After installing the kit I was ready to give er a shot and when i flipped the switch everything shorted out and my ground wire burned off.

Now my Heater, locks, windows, radio, tachometer, and speedometer won't work AT ALL. No power to any of them. I have checked all fuses and main fuse looks fine. I looked online and found a wiring diagram for the entire car. I dug through it and found all these things are tied into the body ECU.

Where on the body is the body ECU on the 2000 GTS model?And if that isn't the problem is there any other way to fix the problem?

-Thanks for the help

Cheers

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
i think thats the car being defiant lol

idk i think its behinde the sterio or in the dash somewhare i think the going rate for a used ecu is anywhere from 200+

·
Registered
421 Posts
I doubt that the ECU is fried.
You mentioned fuses but did you check the relays? Fuses, relays and circuit breakers are designed upstream to protect your major components from frying. Locate your relays and CBs and reset them. Not sure about the 2000+ Celicas, but mine are reset by inserting a pin into the small hole provided in the CB.

And the best way to fix the problem is get rid of that all that underglow crap and put the $$$ into suspension or something useful instead. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts