Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Del The Funky One
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I thought someone could help me out here. My sister, has a 97 Nissan Sentra GXE (I know, but I drive a Camry, so its ok, lol).

She was having some electrical problems, and had her alternator replaced (by my father). After he replaced it, she was still having some problems (car dying, flickering lights, dimming lights, no radio, etc...). They say her battery is good to go. However, I guess it was found out that my father missed a couple wires when hooking the alt. back up. They got those put back, but there are still the same problems (some even worse). She took it in and had them test it all again, and they said that her wires might be bad since they were'nt hook up properly the first time (after replacing the alt.) but the alternator is putting out the required 80 amps. My pops tested the wires, and said they seem fine.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem outside of a bad alternator, bad battery or bad wires?

What wires would need to be replaced if it were due to the alternator not being wired up properly?

Any ideas on any of this?

Small side story. My sis has always had bad luck with cars. She averages one car a year. I don't want to have her have to put up with all this shit anymore, and she doesn't have a ton of cash to get stuff fixed. Sorry for the sob story, but I just wanna help her out here. BTW, she's in Austin, TX and I'm in Phoenix, so its kinda hard to me to physically help her out.

·
Del The Funky One
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I would hope my father, the engineer, knows better than that kinda stuff, but I'll be sure to remind him. If we can't figure out what the problem is, I'll just make him redo the whole damn thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.