Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
:eek: I want it on my car. The only thing is that ls400 looked like a 4x4 compared to stock height. There was seriously like a 8 finger gap.:thumbdown

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Yep, but with a suspension that reactive, all the tire rubbing lowering in the world won't outhandle it...review the bump track test where the 2 lexus go through, then a porsche to compare. The porsche driver looks like he hits his head a few times by comparison!

Bob

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
i remember reading about this at one time. it adjusts the strength of the magnet to help the car hold its ground . the liquid is metalic. you can see how it works by getting radiator stop leak and filling a oral saringe with it then glue the tip of it to another when you press on one end the other moves out and vise versa but if you put a magnet inbetween it won't move at all kinda like it it permanent but once you removethe magnet it flows freely

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Similar. GM uses an electromagnet to change the suspension settings (like the MKIII Supra's TEMS...with 20 more years development), but does not replace traditional spring/dampers. Bose from what I gather uses a fluid free design, where a magnetic piston rides up and down through a set of coil windings...no spring, no damper. The magnets actually support the entire load (which also makes me think...do they rest in the low position, or is there a lock to maintain height...kinda like the older air ride caddies and lincolns that sink...somewhat perminently after a while...

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
Acording to the article, the Bose system does use a spring, or torsion bar to support the load, and also uses a damper of some sort though they don't go into details. I wonder how many gazillions of smackaroos that system would cost? I'm not terribly suprised Bose would come up with this as each electromagnetic motor is basically the same as what drives a speaker.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
EDFC is a mechanical valve adjuster. Similar idea, different tech. The EDFC is a mega tems arrangement.

Bob

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
ya i saw that on rides one time, the one with the is300-->is430 swap. they had it on a hummer, the good original kind, cept the entire passenger compartment was crammed with computer equipment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts