Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got an EBC for Christmas and would like to install it soon, I just have a few ?'s first though.

A) who's already done it lol

b) where did you tap into the wires?

On the model i've got the blue wire connects to the trailer connector. Now i haven't gone under the truck yet but does anyone know if this connection comes into the cab somewhere?

Also what's and auto reset circuit breaker? it calls for a 20A one but i dont know what they look like or where to buy one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC
319 Posts
I have a Tekonisha Prodigy and they sell a pigtail specifically for the Tacoma. I left the one supplied by the factory in the glove box for an emergency. The pigtail that I got from Tekonisha literally makes the whole installation a plug-n-play setup.

FYI -- If you have the tow package then check your owners manual because it shows you where the other end of the plug goes in the cab. It's under the left side kick plate and plugs right in.

·
Registered
2006 taco
29 Posts
I also have tow package and use a prodigy. I used the factory pigtail and spliced it to prodigy pigtail. If you aren't good at following written directions (both toyota and tekonksha's) definitly buy the taco specific wiring.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright well it doesnt look like i have the harness in my glove box.. i guess i will call my dealer tomorrow..

Is the connector in the foot well Black with 4 pins in it?

I was looking up under the dash and i see so many disconected connectors? anyone know what these are for? i seen at least 3 with nothing plugged into them.

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
firefighter11 said:
I was looking up under the dash and i see so many disconected connectors? anyone know what these are for? i seen at least 3 with nothing plugged into them.
I know one of them is for DAC-Downhill Assist Control and the others???

I was on an FJ-Cruiser forum and on the mid level FJ Cruisers, they found out that if they plugged in a "A-Trac" Toyota switch to one of the connectors behind the dash that it activates the pre-wired Traction Control system. Pretty Cool upgrade for only $60 for a switch.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/

Iwould like to know how many of our connectors are plug & Play.
We already know that these are:
Cruise control, Outside Temp Guage, overhead console wiring, fog lights...you have to love when they use only one or two wire harnesses for all of our trucks.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
kooltaco said:
I know one of them is for DAC-Downhill Assist Control and the others???

I was on an FJ-Cruiser forum and on the mid level FJ Cruisers, they found out that if they plugged in a "A-Trac" Toyota switch to one of the connectors behind the dash that it activates the pre-wired Traction Control system. Pretty Cool upgrade for only $60 for a switch.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/

Iwould like to know how many of our connectors are plug & Play.
We already know that these are:
Cruise control, Outside Temp Guage, overhead console wiring, fog lights...you have to love when they use only one or two wire harnesses for all of our trucks.
I only have one prewired connector...where the Locker/Auto LSD switch goes. Wonder if it'd work? (I know the locker won't, and think it'll be the same with the Auto LSD).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts