Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T-100
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 toyota t-100 with the 3.4L. i resently moved from indiana to laramie Wy. the increase in elevation robbed alot of my power. anyone have any suggestions on how to get some back?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,672 Posts
Try resetting yer ECU...take the negative cable off the battery fer about 3-5 min. ;)

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,939 Posts
There's always the TRD supercharger option. I believe there are a lot of wiring hijinks and/or ECU swaps that have to be solved before it will work on the '95, but it's been done. You would also need the 7th injector kit and probably some exhaust upgrades. This option is pretty pricey.

For a good bit less, depending upon how you use the truck, you could always do an intake and headers/exhaust. But they tend not to do that much (from what i've heard) and you'll be louder (I don't know if you would mind or not, just something to keep in mind).

Or, if you don't do a lot of highway cruising you could always re-gear. This is cheaper in the 2WD because you only have to do the rear, but a lot of guys on the forums seem to do this a good bit when they start increasing their tire size. But it will also help a regular truck at high elevation and in hilly areas. This is a bit pricey too though unless you can do most of the work yourself.

Let us know what you do and how it works out! Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T-100
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks guys. i already have a custom exhaust and jet chip so thats a start i guess.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,672 Posts
alright thanks guys. i already have a custom exhaust and jet chip so thats a start i guess.
Um...jet chip? Which one do you have? ;)

Jet Performance Products...

Import ECU Upgrade Kit
Part #: 65002

The JET Performance Import Computer Upgrade Package is the solution to performance tuning import and domestic sport compact vehicles. Import computers do not have computer chips that are easily removed, making it necessary for JET engineers to either reprogram the vehicle’s existing chip or remove and replace the chip by desoldering it from the circuit board. The kit provides you with all the materials required to safely send your vehicle computer to JET’s lab for a high performance software upgrade. Once we receive your ECU it will be programmed according to the information you provide on the vehicle specification sheet to optimize performance and mileage to match your specific modifications. JET's exclusive Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides optimal performance across the entire power band-not just at full throttle. Programming includes extensive modification to air/fuel ratios, ignition advance and boost pressures for turbo applications. More Details
PRICE: US$399.99

JET V-Force Plus Performance Module
Part #: 67030

NEW!!!
JET V-Force Plus Performance Module is designed for the performance enthusiast that wants improved performance, acceleration and the ability to monitor vehicle information. Designed around a 20mhz RISC processor the V-Force Plus optimizes ignition advance and fuel maps for optimum horsepower and driveability. In addition the V-Force Plus allows the user to select from 14 different screens to monitor Throttle Position, Mass Air Flow, Manifold Pressure, Fuel Economy and Air/Fuel Ratio. Replaces part number 67010.
4 5/8" x 2 1/2" x 1"
PRICE: US$349.99

The 2nd module is just probably an ODBII reader. It won't modify anything but the driver's habits. Basically the same thing as the Scangauge II or the Ultra-gauge.

Where do you have yer Jet Chip installed? Maybe you could try pulling it, resetting the ECU, and give it a try and see if yer performance improves or not... ;)

·
Registered
1996 t100 x-cab
153 Posts
There is not much you can do to get the power back. The ecm will adjust after 200-500 miles. Most of your bolt-on stuff will help. The only thing that helps with the elevation is forced induction. Even a turbo diesel with 34-40 psi of boost will loose some power.

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T-100
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the v-force and it does more than just tell u whats up. you wire it into the tps and mass air flow sensor and it changes what the computer reads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts