Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old TN Lurker
2016 Camry
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weird question for gen 6 owners: What color are your emblems and when was your car made? My 2007 Camry LE was manufactured in 2006, with gold emblems when purchased from the first owner, but I've never seen another gen 6 with gold emblems, just silver. I always thought it was weird but I never thought about manufacture date until I made this post, and now I wonder if 2006 and prior manufacture date cars have gold emblems and Toyota switched to silver in 2007?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,794 Posts
Weird question for gen 6 owners: What color are your emblems and when was your car made? My 2007 Camry was manufactured in 2006 with gold emblems from factory but I've never seen another gen 6 with gold emblems, just silver. I always thought it was weird but I never thought about manufacture date until I made this post, and now I wonder if 2006 and prior manufacture date cars have gold emblems and Toyota switched to silver in 2007?
I believe I have seen gold instead of chrome on Gen 6 Camry's. I think they tend to be white and probably XLE.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,794 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,017 Posts
I know for the 2002 model year the gold emblems were an option on the LE. My mom got them. I gave the car away but the original sales ticket is in its file. I will be at the owners house this weekend. I'll see if she still has the paperwork.

·
Old TN Lurker
2016 Camry
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pulled out my front emblem today to check the part number on the back, and a quick search shows only images of silver emblems with the same number on the back. Also, I've noticed over the last few months that the gold plating on the "LE" badge on the trunk lid is starting to flake off. Underneath is silver. I guess somebody didn't like the switch to silver emblems and did custom plating work on all the exterior emblems. Pretty interesting idea, and whoever did it did a pretty good job for it to last 13 years with no major issues to speak of. Also, the emblem on the steering wheel is silver, which should've been a dead giveaway to me that this was custom work, since I would think a factory option would make that gold too.

Using the VIN interpreter in my signature, there's no mention of gold emblems either. I should've guessed. ?‍♂

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 00 Camry LE (sedan, auto, no sunroof :() has gold emblems on the back, but nothing anywhere else. I want to take the front emblem off the grille and install a gold one. I also want to plastidip (no groans please, unless someone knows the paint code) the chrome around the grille to match. I've searched for gold grills for my car but have not had any luck. 2000-2001 will fit, if anyone has one. Feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2003 XLE had gold front and silcer on back, sll back emblems were silver the camry toyota and xle and Toyota logo all silver, only the grill toyota amblem was gold, my camry is white. I sanded primed and painted them all etallic dark metal fusion can paint by krylon, just to be different plus they match my custom painted wheels LOL. I like the dark emblems and wheels on the bright white car. Again I like being different, the wheels came off a nissan altima 17 inch, I painted them the same as emblems and removed nissan logo on center caps and added toyota emblems, paint red to stand out. Just an idea for you to think about you can change colors on emblems with a can and they come out good if sanded primed then painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts