Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
model glue or krazy glue (at my wal-mart all the model glues they had were just super-glue anyhow) around the pegs and put a couple strips of double sided tape on the emblem pieces themselves.

By the way, what color's your car?

I did this on my silver Camry and it came out very well (with the flat black), although I cleared it with a couple mixed coats of matte and gloss clear. It came out with a nice glow effect. :)

Good luck and post pictures.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I did the same thing. I sprayed my badges black. They look real cool w/ the black paint of the car. I just used crazy glue and it's held up since.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
how about you jus reheat the goo that is already on the emblems to seal it all back up:D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Crazy glue or model glue will ruin you paint. Use automotive grade clear silicone adhesive. They work best.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Jaspher said:
Crazy glue or model glue will ruin you paint. Use automotive grade clear silicone adhesive. They work best.
You don't actually glue the emblem to the paint. Take off your embelms and take a peak, they have little plugs cut out for them, which you just stick in the trunk.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
i used quicksteel to get my emblems on my center caps, now that stuff holds.

handles like play dough and hardens like steel, easy to use

withstands 500 deg fahrenheit, chemicals, and holds together anything

get some at an autozone or something, its like 3 bucks

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
No glue. If you remove your emblems you'll see that they were originally stuck with 3m double sided tape. thats all you need. You stick it to the emblems and cut the tape around them. Then reinstert the pegs and let the tape stick to the body.

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
Camryfanatic said:
I plan on painting my emblems flat black. After I do that how do I put them back on after I take them off?
Are they chrome now?

I thought about using a tinting spray on my chrome ones and clear coating them afterwards with a high gloss clear. You could apply several coats until the color you desire is acheived.

Luckily I found SE Black Pearl Emblems so I bought them and don't need to paint mine.

Use a thin wire in a back and forth motion pulling it slightly away from the car to cut thru the old two-sided tape. Clean the back of the emblem and apply new two-sided tape before you paint them(trying to clean them and re-apply the tape might ruin you're paint job). Don't use the foam base two-sided tapes they're too thick. If you can't find any high quality thin ones drop by you're neighborhood body shop and ask for a piece.

Also I would use a piece of that new Blue 3M painters tape to mark the original position of the emblem on the car before taking it off(the new 3M painters tape has a new adhesive that doesn't leave residue when pulled off).

Good Luck!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts