Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyoooooo

Does anyone have any pics of a silver camry with painted emblems? Any colors cool, but i want to do black, and i want to see what it would look like first and such.

I tried searching but i usually found black cars or white cars

I read Kenny's thread about his emblems and finally figured out how to get the toyota emblem on the front one color and the black part with the dimples another color, but yeah, need a silver example D:

·
^__^
08 LE:]
665 Posts
black emblem on silver cam = win

are these the ones you read?
just google for pics man

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220958&highlight=black+emblem

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294180&highlight=housing

black on silver cam = win

t's an easy mod to do.
i bought the cans @ wal mart for 3 bucks each
debadging the "camry" & the
"LE, SE,XLE" is a simple process

removing the toyota emblem from front is easy too, it just pops off.
open your trunk and shove your hand behind front bumper where emblem is and push
removing the toyota emblem from the black part is pretty tricky.
so is removing the toyota emblem on the rear
i couldn't do it so for now my car just has no "LE" & no "camry" -_________-

G

·
^^^in that thread for the rear u have to remove everything to get it out. just use some heat gun or hair dryer then it will come off or GOO GONE and a credit card.

·
^__^
665 Posts
^^^in that thread for the rear u have to remove everything to get it out. just use some heat gun or hair dryer then it will come off or GOO GONE and a credit card.
when this rain clears up in so cal, i will do it:D

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
dont even need to take that back trim piece off.....just use fishing line to take off the emblem, it's the same process for debadging.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black emblem on silver cam = win

are these the ones you read?
just google for pics man

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220958&highlight=black+emblem

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294180&highlight=housing

black on silver cam = win

t's an easy mod to do.
i bought the cans @ wal mart for 3 bucks each
debadging the "camry" & the
"LE, SE,XLE" is a simple process

removing the toyota emblem from front is easy too, it just pops off.
open your trunk and shove your hand behind front bumper where emblem is and push
removing the toyota emblem from the black part is pretty tricky.
so is removing the toyota emblem on the rear
i couldn't do it so for now my car just has no "LE" & no "camry" -_________-
Yeah, I saw the thread by Kenny already, thanks for the other link though.

And hopefully it really is easy, I might have to go buy a hair dryer, cause the one my mom has is really old lol.

@kenny: so for the rear emblem you use a credit card instead of the floss?

Btw, what is everyones opinion of painting the "Camry" and "SE"?
I'm debating whether I should take them both off completely or black em aswell

G

·
Yeah, I saw the thread by Kenny already, thanks for the other link though.

And hopefully it really is easy, I might have to go buy a hair dryer, cause the one my mom has is really old lol.

@kenny: so for the rear emblem you use a credit card instead of the floss?

Btw, what is everyones opinion of painting the "Camry" and "SE"?
I'm debating whether I should take them both off completely or black em aswell
same thing :thumbsup:. i took the Camry and SE so pp dont know what it is lol

·
^__^
665 Posts
same thing :thumbsup:. i took the Camry and SE so pp dont know what it is lol
i actually thought people would still know it was a camry
but i've had two people ask me what kind of toyota i drive & my car is pretty much still stock:|

·
^__^
665 Posts
dont even need to take that back trim piece off.....just use fishing line to take off the emblem, it's the same process for debadging.
i tried it without taking the trim piece of but it kept slipping out
so i think i'm just going to grab my gf's hair dryer hook it up to an extension chord and try it.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
LOL....

You can make your letters as BOLD as you want to. The truth of the process is that you aren't just limited to a credit card. FISHING LINE works better......not floss. :disappoin

The fishing line, NOT FLOSS ,will actually take out most of your adhesive in the same process, leaving you very minimal effort with Goo Gone.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
i tried it without taking the trim piece of but it kept slipping out
so i think i'm just going to grab my gf's hair dryer hook it up to an extension chord and try it.
Just be careful as to not concentrate a lot of the heat in the same spot or your paint will mess up. Make sure you are constantly moving the heat gun or hair dryer around.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Paint the badges or remove themmmmmm? (Camry and SE) D:?!

EDIT: I reread the stuff since i origionally posted this right when i woke up, so i saw that my questions were answered ._.

DEBADGE, GOOOO!!!!

·
Might be SCRAPING soon...
356 Posts
and if you dont have goo gone, you can use your everyday pencil eraser, I use it for mine lol

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Google and Bing... they have failed me D:...

I cant find any pictures of a silver camry with black emblems, well i found one, but it isnt the best picture in the world

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
So here is what you do. Hit the local wrecking yard for a Camry, Floss off the rear badges and give the guy the two bucks he asks for them. Paint them black with Duplicolor and then clear coat. Let them sit for a week and then just tape them up on the rear of your car to get an idea of what you will have. If you like them, glue them on! If not, little lost.

Reactions: ebumdude

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
So here is what you do. Hit the local wrecking yard for a Camry, Floss off the rear badges and give the guy the two bucks he asks for them. Paint them black with Duplicolor and then clear coat. Let them sit for a week and then just tape them up on the rear of your car to get an idea of what you will have. If you like them, glue them on! If not, little lost.
:thumbsup:

Now I remembered why I don't login here as much.....lol.

·
Stella
2011 Camry_SE
137 Posts
Quick question, when I take off the rear emblem what do you guys recommend I put the emblem back on with?

I thought about 3M double-sided tape but I didn't know if that was something I should use.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

That was a good idea until i called all the junk yards.

They all laughed saying no one junks any camry's above the year 2000, because they have never gotten any (unless they were totalled)

D:

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick question, when I take off the rear emblem what do you guys recommend I put the emblem back on with?

I thought about 3M double-sided tape but I didn't know if that was something I should use.

I read somewhere here it was 3M tape, but i dont remember which kind ._.

I DO KNOW! that toyota sells the emblems for $30
but tape + sharp knife = cheaper

1 - 20 of 21 Posts