Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
My matrix had a big hole i nteh fender liner in that same spot. I assumed a previous owner cut it open for access to something. Not sure what kind of hackery that is but thought it was weird yours had a hole there too..

·
Various Toyotas
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
My matrix had a big hole i nteh fender liner in that same spot. I assumed a previous owner cut it open for access to something. Not sure what kind of hackery that is but thought it was weird yours had a hole there too..
It's missing or compromised clips, empty fog light hole, and/or worn struts. This is assuming all the fastening holes in the liner are intact. This is also assuming the standard factory tire and wheel size.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's missing or compromised clips, empty fog light hole, and/or worn struts. This is assuming all the fastening holes in the liner are intact. This is also assuming the standard factory tire and wheel size.
well my car is gone but the only issue it had there was the clips were missing in some spots. That said, it really just looked like somebody took a hacksaw to it and cut a hole out. like it was a huge hole in the liner.

actually it was missing the lower bumper spoilers for a while. I guess that could've contributed as there are some holes in the bumper to mount them.

·
Various Toyotas
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Oh, your car is gone....OK. Well, if you look at the photos in this thread, you can see the holes are beveled at the inside edges, which implies that it's the tire rubbing a hole in the liner.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts