·
Planohog
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
More updates 65K miles, I have my first problem.. I throwing
90W out of the right rear axle . Rotated my tires tonight and found
the right rear was pretty nasty. Its not dripping on the ground yet so I will
keep Going..
We have been pulling a small camper that is about 3500 lbs , maybe 350 tonge weight. It has trailer brakes and the truck seems to handle it fine up
to 70-75. The faster you go over 60 the more gas your going to pour.
I found that running mid grade 89 seems to make things work better on
long trips.. Still very happy with my modifications and often wonder what
the 2011 tacos are like in comparsion..

·
Planohog
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
More Updates 160K miles on the clock.
Pulling a 3000 lb boat around, in the wind it drinks. gas.
I drive 80 miles a day going back and forth to work in houston traffic ( no boat ) .
Truck doing pretty good , has the dreaded squeeks, the dreaded oil leak on the back.
Running stong, I keep fluids pretty clean and tires rotated. I have been thinking about
a 4 door version of the same. This truck by far has been the best truck I have ever owned.
Still better than most in the sand.
This mod still rocks, truck is 10 years old now. I do have the cloudy head lamps I need to fix .
Till next time.
Regards Terry

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Wow, you get the prize for follow-up for sure! I wish more would provide updates because there seems to be a lot of hit-and-run posters who start their thread with a frantic HELP My Car Wont________and you never hear from them again.

·
Planohog
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Im back, I traded the truck off and I regret it. I have a 2017 150 Lariat, but it really doesnt tow the boat any better on gas. just about 10mpg, truck is nice and fancy but I need reliablity and It just seems doggy. I have 35K on the 150 and
im looking at tacos for 2020 , I figure im 60 years old , this will take me well into my 70's
My 2006 , was a bad ass truck , i should have never sold it, reliablity is very very high compared to my ford.
Im coming back , will do the same thing lift it 2" waiting on the 2020 to show up.
Regards Terry Seabrook Texas .

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,882 Posts
Amazing to see some of these threads still alive.
After 114k miles on my 2006, I actually removed my 3" lift, which included the EMU Dakar Springs, Donahue (Icon) coil overs up front, with Total Chaos UCA. Truck looks soo tiny now.
The reason I removed the lift, the seals in the coilovers blew out for the 3rd time. At $600 a pop to have them rebuilt, it just wasn't feasible anymore. Originally, coilovers cost me $1200, and I was into them for another $1200, and the last time they blew. I also needed new tires, another $1200. I figured, throw the stock lift back on, with the stock wheels and tires and call it done.
With only 114K on the truck, I figure I can keep her running good for another 5 - 8 years, with little issues. I'm not sold on the newer gen trucks, so may have to keep hanging on, or upgrade to the next gen Tundra.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
12 Participants
zmtnbik
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing