Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
352whp Turbo Gen5
2002 Turbo Camry
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone I am back after a long absence. My 2002 Turbo Camry is now going into the shop once again. Due to receiving bad gas after a car show in Spartanburg, SC my engine is now in car heaven. So before dropping in another engine I want to get it fully rebuilt to be able to push out 500whp. My plans are to bore it out, sleeve it, drop in forged 89mm wiseco pistons, rods, bearings, valves, springs, camshafts, replace my manifold with an even length turbo manifold, up my injectors to 750cc or better and tune for 20psi. Oh and my car is still an automatic. I already had my tranny fully rebuilt with a high stall torque converter and many components from the is300 tranny to be able to hold past 500hp. I added a Dezod Motorsports high flow fuel rail as well. In your guys opinion do you think this is enough to accomplish my goal? If not what else should I add to safely be able to accomplish this goal?

Oh and I know I have promised videos of me on the track in the past. So if you want to see my Camry beating a 05 Z51 Corvette in the Quarter at Rockingham Dragway in SC you can go view it on our facebook page of RacelinePM. I beat it twice. The announcer at the track was funny in my opinion.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
best is to go to the shop that will be rebuilding it and tell them ur power goals and they will build it to that spec. but sounds like you should be fine. just make sure u also can grip.

·
Registered
camry
583 Posts
Sounds like an expensive project. Good luck and post the build.

·
352whp Turbo Gen5
2002 Turbo Camry
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update your car domain, I want to see pics of the new wheels on your car, lol
You have a good point. I havent updated my cardomain page in a while. I have much to add. Like my video sunvisor screens, my Turbo Camry trunk lid, plasma plate built into my trunk floor that shoots lightning through my floor when my base hits, my new headlights, led underbody kit and strobe lights to name a few.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
whatever job you got, i want it. Looks like you make a lot of $$$ to be able to do all that to your car.

Good luck, hope to see it happen soon.

·
352whp Turbo Gen5
2002 Turbo Camry
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whatever job you got, i want it. Looks like you make a lot of $$$ to be able to do all that to your car.

Good luck, hope to see it happen soon.
LOL. 16yrs in the US Army bro. I am an E7/ Sergeant First Class. I try to manage my money right. Plus our team has an online store and we have a team account for when we win money at the carshows. We take care of eachother's cars. 80% of the stuff done to my car me and my team did besides the engine stuff of course.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
I'm curious as to what IS300 RWD transmission components were used in your trans....

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
car is looking better and better. i'd just drop the rear wing, custom headlights, custom tails, coilovers, and bbk.

can't wait to see that motor built out.

·
352whp Turbo Gen5
2002 Turbo Camry
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
car is looking better and better. i'd just drop the rear wing, custom headlights, custom tails, coilovers, and bbk.

can't wait to see that motor built out.
That makes the 2 of us bro. I have removed my rear wing for like a week just to see if I would like it without it but it made my car look ordinary at least IMO. I am going to lower it with coilovers and eventually a bbk since I will have the added power but what exactly do you mean by custom head and taillights? I have the newest and brightest dual halo HID heads for the Camry right now. What custom tails would you do. I wish I could find some LED tails but I cant except for the stock ones. And everyone on here knows that I can't do stock. LOL.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
get a custom molded lip spoiler in the back or that se one. i remember it was a bit higher. i think u know which one i mean.

as for custom headlights and tails i mean retrofitted ones. a quad in ur oem headlights would turn heads like crazy. i have a pic somewhere of the quad i did and theres a pic of a ls430 retrofit i did. for tailights pick up some 5.0 or 5.5, tint em, and insert custom led boards with sequential. again both would make the car more clean and turn more heads than ebay ones.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
well the oem version but that one too. damn that 5.5 look good except for front.

my friend wants to know... where was tranny built and for how much hp?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts