Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Toyota Pickup
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I retrieved my engine codes earlier and came up with code 21 and 51. I know the 21 is the O2 sensor. I had a exhaust leak at the cat. converter/manifold flange and got that fixed and now I need to replace the O2 sensor, hopefully that'll take care of the 21 code.

The 51 code is listed as switch condition signal, what could be the cause and remedy to this code?

·
I like Toyota's
88 Supra
33 Posts
Not sure if its the same, but on my Supra, 51 is like an A/C circuit or TPS miss adjustment. I just needed to re-adjust my TPS. Hope this helps, im sure someone will chime in with more info.

·
Registered
1989 Toyota Pickup
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In doing some research on the 51 code on here I saw where someone said having an aftermarket cd player could cause the light. I do have an aftermarket cd player and whoever installed it didn't use a installation kit. They just cut the factory harness off and wired the cd player directly up, could this be a problem?

Another thing, I'm being told it could be the AC circuit, my truck dosent have AC but the blower motor resistor is bad causing the motor to only blow on high. Could this possibly trip that code?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts