Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey pplz, i have a problem with my 94 3vz tat under any cornering flooring it results in the engine doing nothing for a bit then going hard.. sometimes once, sometimes a few times during the turn. it just stops powering for a split second then comes back.

do i have a fuelling problem or something? the only thing i can think of is the pump isnt picking up fuel for the moment during the learn.

thanks.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
you shouldn't floor it when you are cornering. its bad for the power steering pump and dif.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Nice, Australian '94 3vz-fe. Hey what kind of poewr do '94 AUS 3vz-fe's put out? Here the 3vz-fe was replaced with the first 1mz-fe in '94.

Could be the fuel pump. Check the fuel filter first, then the fuel pump. Make sure all of your vacuum lines are plugged in also.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bad for pump and diff hey? =( its kinda hard to not floor it when youre turning out onto a 100kph road (not this side, but the other side of the road, so i gotta pass this side and match speed with the other side, there is no strip to stop in the middle), which i gotta do every day if i go anywhere.

will check filter.

vacuum lines all look good, although after 10 years theyre getting kinda worn/hard so it may be time to replace them anyway, theres 220k on this motor with relativley minor servicing, oil is about the only thing that gets looked after and its still going strong.

power? i have no idea really, enough to beat all the little civics with 18" wheels and tin can exhausts at the xmas tree when the lanes merge =) must be really embarrasing to get dragged of by a stock family car when youve spent 3k on wheels, 1k on an exhaust and 5k on rice.

·
Registered
2011 CAMRY 3.5 SE
335 Posts
I have the stick shift, so if I floor it while turning in first gear, it doesn't quite hesitate, but it waits for the wheels to become straight i guess then it surges forward, feels very nice, i think thats when this car uses it's maximum power most efficiently, theres a high quality heavy torque pull, kinda puts a smile to my face. This is normal I think.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats not what i get. i floor it, so it gives me power.. then it hesitates - does nothing for a bit - and gives me the rest of the full throttle. it shoudlnt be doing that =\ ill get it checked out, its the same problem as what others would get with a fuelling issue where the fuel pump doesnt pick up fuel so ya engine is dead for a bit =(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Going by your signature... 3VZ-FE - Auto

I have that engine in my cam... now i don't know the difference between yours and the japan made one for north america. But it's most likley your tranny... because that happened to me on my first camry when some filter or whatever in the tranny was not working properly. it would bog down for a good 5 seconds and then jerk forward. Maybe have that checked out... because what happened later is my tranny when to hell...

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
He's in Australia, it's the exact same engine and emessions we get.

General rule of thumb is that Australian cars must pass emessions as a USDM car. (not CA) There-hence-forth they don't get nice JDM engines. The exception is that they have a much easier time buying JDM cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts