Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly...this thread will be posted in MR2, Corola and Tercel forums :D

i have a 1985 AW10, which has the 1500 3A-LU Single cam carb engine. I know the 4age is a easy swap but i dont want to do it, i want to keep this rare car original, besides i have a 4age 89, a 20v 88 and my project MRX. i had a crazy plan while at home being sick, is it possible to swap a 3E-TE or 4E-FTE head onto the 3alu? And then run twin carbs rather than the single carb and then go with my master plan, setup a SC12 on the 3alu but ofcorse i would have to lower compression, and getting more fuel would be easy as i have two weber DATR carbs from my x1/9 with handled 8psi of SC boost. So you think any of this is doable? really would like to know about the head tho!

cheers!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
i think a better project might be to keep the ecu in there..... modify it to run higher rpm's.... and throw in a 4age..... ak "4ag".... that would keep it pretty rare.... not many carb'ed 4ag's.... and you could have lots of fun with that

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I dont think this would be possible as the E in the engine codes means that the head is EFI... so no u wouldnt be able to run twin carbs (u would be running injectors instead)

*edit*
Unless of course u modified it ro run on carbs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts