Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Corolla with check engine light coming on. The dealer said it was the gas cap loose. (I knew toyotas were sensitive about that when I bought the car). $35 dollars later the light comes on again. Frustrated I drove it with the light on for 20 K miles. (I got tired of disconnecting the battery) I now am selling the car, so I tried the dealer again and got the same story. They said the cap was fine and charged me another $35. The light came on again! I bought a new gas cap at a local parts house for $6 and so far the light has stayed off. Are not the dealers supposed to be the experts?
Frustrated,
Jeffeng1

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Don't give up on your Rolla just yet.... not all dealers know what they are talking about, and by it being an 02 if your still under 36K mile you shoun't have to spend not a dime casue something like a faulty gas cap should be covered under warranty....

I'm sorry about that happened, but I would go back there and demand my money back

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I have an 02 Corolla with check engine light coming on. The dealer said it was the gas cap loose.
Yeah the new corollas have that sensing thing, because of emission control systems. :rolleyes:

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
I get the same BS with my '99 V6 Camry. I get a Check Engine Light after the car has been parked for an extended period of time (5 days). I just pop the gas cap to release the pressure and the light clears after a few hours of driving. It's annoying but whatever :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts