Toyota Nation Forum banner

engine light

743 3
ok on my 05 rolla the maintance light is still on after i had changed out the old spark plugs. how do u turn off the maintance light???
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Celica ST
49 Posts
take it to your local advance auto or auto zone and have them do a free diagnostic and if its not throwing any codes they can turn it off for you. i had the same prob on my 97, but i think if you just drive it a couple of miles, maybe 25 to 50, it might give your computer enough time to notice that everything is running smoothe again. But if its still on after that get a diagnostic done and if nothing's wrong they can turn it off

·
Whine connoisseur
2004 Corolla S
749 Posts
don't know if this works for the 05's, but does for 04's.....stolen from 9th gen

1). Be sure odometer reading is shown (not trip meter)

2). With the ignition key in the "OFF" position, press and hold the trip meter reset knob while turning the ignition key to the "ON" postion.

3). Continue holding the trip meter reset knob for about 5 seconds. The odometer should read "000000" and the "MAINT REQD" light should go out.

(thanks to: kennyrolla)

·
Registered
9 Posts
the maintance light should come on every 5000 miles, it wont go off by itself. the "check engine" light will come on if there's a problem with the car, then you can take it to advance and see what the problem is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.