Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a cold air intake system and borla exhaust on my 2005 prerunner--How do I reset the computer so it is set correctly for these two changes??

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
You really don't need to worry about it. The ECU will adjust. If you are adamant, you can disconnect the battery and then the ECU will also relearn your setup and driving.

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the two replies! I was presuming that I had to reset the computer but if it does this "automatically" then I am in free! Thanks for the tip on disconnecting the battery to reset it as well! Hope this is all I have to do and not buy some gadget to plug into the computer to reset it! chazsc

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Definitely no need to buy anything else. Enjoy your new toys.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Oh, wait...add a supercharger to the list. ;)

·
'08 tacoma pre-runner
tacoma
520 Posts
The real only way to adapt the motor and ECU to the new intake and exhaust would be to get a MAF Calibrator from URD (urdusa.com). Gadget can pretune the MAP for the engine mods you have and the calibrator will allow more power and increased performance from your current mods. Yes resetting the computer will help the ECU learn the new flow, new a/f and such but for being able to really use the mods MAF really helps a lot! There was a 15 rwhp gain just from a stock truck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts