Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bad problem.....looked under hood and noticed that my engine mount in the front of my 95 Camry is not connected and not aligned.....so can't fix! Took some pictures.....does anyone have any idea how to get the engine to line back up with the mount to screw it back down? I can send a pic if you want to look at it. thanks J :wtf:

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Refer to the "how to post pics" thread at the top of the thread list and then post the pics!

And welcome to TN!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Try loosening the rear one, then maybe take a long screwdriver and force the front one to be in the right spot.

Reactions: jonlilly91827

·
Registered
93 Posts
there are 3 bolts at the bottom of the mount, one that goes in from the bottom, and two that are loosened from the top i believe. loosen all three quite a bit to give some wiggle room. then jack up the engine with a floor jack from the oil pan on the passenger side behind the front wheel. then tilt the mount enough to get the threads started on the top nut, drop the engine back down and tighten all 4 connecitons

·
2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
2001 Camry XLE
1,661 Posts
there are 3 bolts at the bottom of the mount, one that goes in from the bottom, and two that are loosened from the top i believe. loosen all three quite a bit to give some wiggle room. then jack up the engine with a floor jack from the oil pan on the passenger side behind the front wheel. then tilt the mount enough to get the threads started on the top nut, drop the engine back down and tighten all 4 connecitons
+1 on this....but be sure to put a couple of 3/4" pieces of plywood maybe 12"x12" or at least a 2x4 12" long, on top of the floor jack/under the oil pan so you don't punch a hole in the oil pan with your floor jack. :confused:

Reactions: jonlilly91827

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Could be that jacking it up as indicated above will allow the bolt to drop in without undoing anything cause undeniable the engine shifted a tad from its original location w/that bolt missing.

If you don't have a jack, but have the bolt, set the parking brake, have a confident helper apply the foot brake, start it, power brake it in drive (just off idle) and it'll lift right up. Insert a long drift, punch, or something with a point on it to align it and let off the gas aloowing it to settle back down and insert the bolt. :thumbsup:

Of course there is some risk that it could get worse too, but it sounds like you're driving it this way anyways. . .

Is that scuff across the top from trying to pry it or did that happen some other way? The bolt from that hole is like 45mm long, but I guess the engine slamming down on the mount could pop it out pretty easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts