Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, its a 5 speed and when i put it in first gear and engage the clutch the engine moves about and inch to and inch and a half. is this enough movement for new engine mounts? thanks

·
Where are we going today?
Camry 00/Corolla 19
2,614 Posts
usually, an engine would move about 1/2 to 1 inch. i would not be too concerned it there is no tears or the movement is not causing any problems. i have an automatic camry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i bring this up because when i fully engage the clutch in first or second gear, the car jerks, and when i say jerks, its almost like throwin you around inside. and people told me to check how much the engine moved. so maybe i'll try new mounts, and how did u make that poly mount??

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
nscamry said:
That sounds like a bad clutch to me
if the clutch disc were worn there would be no way that his car would jerk so hard since the cluth would not be grabbing and woudl have a lot of slippage and thus cause wheel horsepower loss.

Stiffening up your dogbone mount by filling it with urethane will prevent it getting ripped, if it already isn't, and will help stiffen things up a little bit but only new mounts will really help your problem (if they are bad) and unfortunatly there are no aftermarket mounts for the 5sfe at this time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i dont think its my clutch cuz it only does this jerking thing in first and/or second, doesnt do it in reverse or any other gear. anyway, i'll just get some new mounts and see if that helps any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts