·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry LE
174 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry LE
174 Posts
yeah that metalcast paint does wonders just do a lil research on it. i am gonna paint my valve cover asap to look like this.

Hopfully I Can Get It To Turn Out Just As Good :D

·
You knew what this was.
265 Posts
Now that is sick !

·
You knew what this was.
265 Posts
The paint we talked about earlier in this thread.

Beautiful paint job on the valve cover !!
But now it makes the rest of the engine bay
look dirty...

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry LE
174 Posts
Beautiful paint job on the valve cover !!
But now it makes the rest of the engine bay
look dirty...
well now whats the best way to clean under the hood??? before i painted the valve cover.. i used purple power cleaner and it work dreams... by just spraying it on and dumping water over it... but my exhaust manifold cover was painted and it caused some of the paint to come off a lil... and i DONT want that to happen to my valve cover... any reccomendations??? i have been told it just takes alot of time and soap water and rags... or is there something better than soap??:ugh3:

·
Registered
1991 Camry
111 Posts
well now whats the best way to clean under the hood??? before i painted the valve cover.. i used purple power cleaner and it work dreams... by just spraying it on and dumping water over it... but my exhaust manifold cover was painted and it caused some of the paint to come off a lil... and i DONT want that to happen to my valve cover... any reccomendations??? i have been told it just takes alot of time and soap water and rags... or is there something better than soap??:ugh3:
you can use some degreaser to clean up. it will take a while though. Maybe you should sand your parts before painting them, that way the paint will catch nicer and won't fade as easily.

As far as painting valve covers....I used dupli color engine enamel in red. It turned out hella nice and durable. My camera phone didn't take the best shot and it looks more red and better in person. Instead of cleaning up I just sanded it down with 600grit all over and sprayed it directly without primer. To make the writing stand out I just sanded every letter after the paint dried. It looked amazing.
BTW this was on my friend's Nissan Sentra with an sr20.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.