Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i want to drain and refill my radiator. i have the pdf/shop manual for the procedure... it shows 3 drain plugs, one on the bottom of the radiator where you add a vinyl hose for draining. (easy enough to find) but the 2 others i can't. the picture in the manual shows one on the top of the motor just behind and left of the oil filter. the other is shown just below and behing the oil filter.
are these actual drains or plugs to open to let air in to better drain out the radiator bottom?
and where are they?
anybody? please...

update... i think i found the one just behind the alternator/below and behind the oil filter? it looks like a maby 12 or 14mm nut coming out sideways from the block with what appears to be an allen screw threaded inside the nut? is this it?

·
lover of teh boobies
'05 Tacoma AccessCab
2,547 Posts
I think I remember this issue coming up once before. The conclusion as I remember it was that the FSM showed the plugs on the reverse side that they actually were.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think I remember this issue coming up once before. The conclusion as I remember it was that the FSM showed the plugs on the reverse side that they actually were.
thanks for your reply, after reading it i looked again... pretty sure the second one i found is correct, it has a small drain port just below and foward of the allen and 14mm ish assy... looking at it makes sense. if backing out the allen allows flow through the small port.

do you remember wher the post is here, so i can find it.

or i'll wait for replys from others who have actually done it.
i hate doing things on guess-work. i like to know what to expect before doing stuff.

thanks again

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
My Other Truck
4,298 Posts
No, I haven't -- I was going to do it this year b/c I thought it was a five-year service, but the owners manual says 10 years...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts