Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Toyota 4 runner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting prices hovering around $4,000 (and above) for a rebuild on my 95' 4 runner 2wd V6, versus a remanufactured engine installed for $2,700 (engine & labor). The rebuild prices are from a few Toyota dealers in my area. Has anyone recently had a rebuild? Who did it and what did you pay?

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
If prices include installation, they seem about right. The Toyota dealer normally has the highest labor and parts rates. Toyota parts are usually good quality, assuming they are used in the rebuild. Get quotes from a quality third party shop. Both shops will most likely farm out much of the engine work to a machine shop. You are paying for labor rates and parts costs.

The cheapest route would be finding a good used engine and having a third party shop install it. If you go this route, have the shop locate the engine so they will be able to guaranty their work.

The subject of remanufactured, used and rebuilt engines comes up from time to time in the Camry forum, might do a history search. A lot depends on the remanufacture, some are better then others. The V6 was used in the pickups and T100.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts