Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 mr2/ 2010 tundra
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am rebuilding my 91 5sfe but im struggling to find conecting rods. anyone have any good connections?

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
i am rebuilding my 91 5sfe but im struggling to find conecting rods. anyone have any good connections?
Are you looking for OEM or Aftermarket connecting Rods?

If you are looking for a good used connecting rod, contact Crash Chris on this forum.. He has 2 left ($30.70) shipped. They are from a 1997, but the connecting rods from 1990 - 2001 for the 5sfe are the same. I just purchased one for my 5sfe build from him.

·
Registered
165 Posts
is there a reason you are rebuilding the 5sfe? The motors are cheap and available, a friend of mine bought a good running 5sfe for $50...

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
every 5sfe I have looked up through the automotive exchange, the cheapest I found was $600.00 for a good running 5sfe recently. I bought a good used 5sfe last year for $350.00 but that's about what they run .. between 300-600.00 USD for a good running 5sfe. I did pick up a second spare 5sfe today for $150.00 but it has a dead cylinder (#1). he got a hella deal on the 5sfe for $50.00. Better take care of that one! hehehe

·
Registered
165 Posts
He actually bought that motor to use the crank because he was building a stroker 3sgte, but he ran into money problems. I am thinking about buying it from him and building myself a stroker; I want more power in my mr2!

·
Registered
91 mr2/ 2010 tundra
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from the pricing ive done i wont have much more in my motor to rebuild it than if i replaced it with a used one so i figure i will just spring for the extra now. im looking for all 4 rods though, oem or aftermarket. either will be fine.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
ebay? ive found lots of OEM parts on ebay for motors in the past. Maybe you will have some luck there.

I will be doing my engine build in the spring on my 3SGTE. My old 5SFE will be coming out. If u still need them by then I can sell em cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
used 5sfe

Ahh!! spring is in the air.....hey modifierMR did you pull that old motor out yet??
I'm in need of a 5sfe bottom end to build off of...I'm in the Atlanta area if anyone has one?

thanks pbr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts