Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm a NOOB at <3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys well I got my new (used) 41k engine from the shop and I brought to my house last night with my brother with his truck. the engine looks to be in goood condition...very good condition....the only thing wrong with it is just that it's kinda dusty but prob from the warehouse they had it in...

I just came back from advance auto parts and found a engine lift for like 149 and also an engine stand for like 37 bucks....

But the only thing that makes me wonder that the engine stand how do I mount it to the engine and I noticed the engine stand they sell at Advance auto parts is a "type H" engine stand...what does that mean?

should I get this engine stand and will it fit the 1MZFE engine?

Here a pic of the one I want to buy
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3396&mfrcode=PNE&mfrpartnumber=280032

Also I will be making a webpage on my 1MZFE engine swap on a dialy basis sooo I will inform everyone on the progress!!

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
The engine stand should work jsut fine. THat is pretty much waht I have used anytime I have done engine work. It should support jsut fine. As for mounting it to the engine, it is pretty easy actually. In the picture you will take the black mount off of the stand and postion it on four of the bell housing holes at the back of the block. Get some good grade8 bolts with nuts and washers that will fit through the holes that the bellhousing would bolt to. Basically youwill need four bolts with nuts and probably at least 8 washers. You will do all of this and then use the engine hoist to get it up to the height of the stand and put the black mount back into the main part of the stand. I hope that makes sense.

·
I'm a NOOB at <3
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot Cyorke!! I will have pics and engine on my stand by tom in the afternoon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts