Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine Stopped Running trying to get on the Freeway . This is not my car .I was trying to find out what the most likely cause of this ? I'am thinking Timing belt . 91 Corolla.

·
Kliddybaba!
AE92 Sedan
380 Posts
did it start up again afterward or not? need more info...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
we also need the symptoms that led up to this happening. did it sputter and die? did it start to smoke? did anything smell funny or sound wierd?

based on the info you've given, i'd be willing to bet aliens did it. :eek:

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
This is a double post, theres another post about this subject.
Just because you didnt get the answers you wanted, doesnt mean you have to start another thread about it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Jackass said:
Thank's Flashmn for your help. I was looking for the most LIKELY cause.
there IS no most likely cause without providing symptoms. no symptoms, no answer.

G

·
0 Posts
Jackass said:
Engine Stopped Running trying to get on the Freeway . This is not my car .I was trying to find out what the most likely cause of this ? I'am thinking Timing belt . 91 Corolla.
just for shits and giggles why are you thinking timing belt? what symptoms did the car give to make you feel this way? very easy to check if its the t-belt just take 3 of the 10mm screws out and take a little looksy

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
like he keeps saying, it's "not my car" so he doesn't feel like giving symptoms. go read his other thread about it...he wants answers without helping us help him first.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Then he got his panties up in a bunch (With me), when i gave it without sugarcoating it, that we cant determine what the problem is, because our information is next to nil. Great posting :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Here is the big picture . All the info is second hand . From the car owners dad.I have not talked to the owner yet . I cannot give you something I don't have. I wanted to give the owner some tips from the TN Forum. But so far I can't. If you have any ideas let me known, if you don't .Don't Got to go the short bus is here. Don't Be A Dick

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Jackass said:
Ok Here is the big picture . All the info is second hand . From the car owners dad.I have not talked to the owner yet . I cannot give you something I don't have. I wanted to give the owner some tips from the TN Forum. But so far I can't. If you have any ideas let me known, if you don't .Don't Got to go the short bus is here. Don't Be A Dick
we're not being dicks, because it could be nearly ANYTHING.

YOU need to get symptoms from the owner, post them here, and then we can give you suggestions...otherwise, you folks are better off taking it to a shop. we CANNOT tell you anything without more help from you!

i repeat: we ARE NOT being dicks...we're just frustrated with you because YOU won't provide anything more. call the guy up, get info, post it here...then we'll help you. double posting just because you're not satisfied with the results you have only serves to irritate those of us who have been here for years.

we'd like to help you...but you need to learn to give more information than "it stopped running, any idea what could have caused it?" hell, it could be an animal nest in the motor somewhere, or it could be a broken internal, or just about anything else.

now go call the guy and come back with your findings...and we'll go from there. deal?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you have any ideas let me known if you don't . Don't . Your making the wrong Assumption about the double post . It was a simple mistake. I cannot give you something I don't have . Also the guy lives 100Mi from me and I don't have his digits.WARNING:I DON'T NOW HOW TO BE TACFUL

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
*sighs* you're ignoring my post, i guess because it's so long.

let me break it down for you.

WE CAN'T GIVE YOU IDEAS WITHOUT SOMETHING MORE THAN WHAT YOU'VE GIVEN US. this is like saying "my computer's broken, what's wrong with it?" and expecting legitimate answers.

CALL THE OWNER, GET INFORMATION, AND POST IT HERE...if you are unable to do that much, my vote goes to this and your other thread being locked. it's not worth it to list everything that *could* be wrong with the car, because you wouldn't read the post anyway. it would be too long for you.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
LOL... Are you a troll?
Seriously, dont you even read what we say? Maybe reading comprehension isnt your game, but try and understand that we CANNOT give you info on what caused it, because we're basically running without any information.

We're not being dicks, but you're certainly living up to your nickname.

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Could be muffler bearings, they sometimes fail when getting onto the freeway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry you don't understand what I mean when I say " If you have any ideas let me know if you don't . Don't ". Your killing me with your kindness! That's not to hard to understand is it? I'am trying to get more info from the owner. If you read all my posts it might make sense. And I have read all the posts some seem to be more insults than help . How do insults help? Your going to make me cry LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
did you check your halogen fluid levels? the car won't drive if it can't see in the dark. corolla's are notorious for being afraid of the dark.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Jackass said:
If you have any ideas let me known if you don't . Don't. Sorry to be Sooooooooooo rude
no, you're soooooooo uncooperative.

Jackass said:
Sorry you don't understand what I mean when I say " If you have any ideas let me known if you don't . Don't ". Your killing me with your kindness! That's not to hard to understand is it? I'am trying to get more info from the owner. If you read all my posts it might make sense. And I have read all the posts some seem to be more insults than help . How do insults help? Your going to make me cry LOL
quit bitching for two seconds.

1 - you never said you were trying to get information.
2 - bitching only makes it worse. get the info, then post.
3 - we're not being rude. you earned it by bitching. deal with it, or stop posting about it and take the goddamned car to a mechanic.

i'm done with you...either you're a troll or a fucking idiot. whichever you are, you can't read for shit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.