Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
Does anyone know or can help me with info on putting a 4AGE 20 valve engine into the Yaris/vitz/echo. Info on fabricated the engine and gearbox mounts, suspension and gearbox used.
any info is greatly needed
thanks

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Cheaper to get the blitz supercharger kit, install it on the 1NZ, tune it and run it than to try this one. Would give you more power in torque too.

As to the swap, never been done as best I can tell. All custom, the mounts likely won't line up, the iron block will push up the weight at the nose, leading to increased understeer. In all, I can't see the value of another small 4.

Bob

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
not to mention the intake and exhause would have to be rerouted since they are on opposite sides

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be using a right hand drive so that wont be a problem.
As for the weight of the engine, an existing yaris has a 3sge installed and racing and he seems not to have any problems with to front heavy just distributed his weight good.
maybe i might have to go with the 3sge but i was hoping to use a 1600 rather than 2.0l

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
by opposite sides I mean the intake is in rear on 4A, in front on newer engine. RHD or LHD makes no difference

·
Registered
144 Posts
if i was gonna do an engine swap on my echo id go for the 2zz-xxx celica engine..thats just me though.

does anyone have a link to the echo/blitz 1.5 supercharger..ive searchd but couldt find it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts