Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help!!! I have gone through the forum and learned a lot about what type of engine you can fit in a E90 rolla. But I wanted to know something really specific.

I have a 4A-GE blacktop with 6 speed manual tranny, ECU and wiring harness. Now I have money to buy either EE90 with 2E engine or AE91 with 5A-FE engine. Will the blacktop fit in those chassis? I mean I will buy new mounts but do I need to modify it or will it be a direct fit?

Also what else do i need to buy? Fuse box? Fuel Pump? Will the front axel fit in the engine? Anyone did this before. If you guys can help it would be really appreciated. Also how would I connect the CEL light on dashboard and the RPM meter?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
hi there
to make it easier for yourself get the one with the 5afe
it will be a very easy swap pretty much bolt in as i think all the 'A' series engines use the same engine mounts.
But with the 2E motor i think you will have to change the mounts.
thats all i can help with
Good luck
Greg

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
it'll fit in both. The engine doesn't matter as long as it's fuel injected, if the 2E is carbureted, go with the 5A-FE.

the engine will swap right in with stock mounts except the transmission side mount, you'll need to custom fabricated that for the 6 speed.

everything else should just bolt right up.

for wire harness stuff go with dr. tweak:
http://www.phoenixtuning.com/

Reactions: RajivHAS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the quick response. The only thing I'm worried about is electrical... wiring and stuff makes me crazy.

If I only was in US I would take help from dr. tweak. I can't even find a decent mechanic who is good with wirings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts