5e from a paseo ~100hp
4e JDM starlet ~140 & turbo

those are the easy swaps

·
RockStar
94 Tercel
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i used it but everyone talks about manual transmission. I was just wondering what would be good for auto transmission

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
well....

The same engines would apply regardless of what tranny you have.
But a manual tranny better than a slo-matic, which is i guess why everyone would be talking about them.
If i were you id swap the tranny along w/ the engine :thumbup:

·
Tercel Power
165 Posts
stevenj said:
no i used it but everyone talks about manual transmission. I was just wondering what would be good for auto transmission
ewww sorry but an auto with a 4e would be garbage unless u could get a 4spd auto but i think it would still be garbage. Auto sucks for these cars man go manual!

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
arknoid said:
ewww sorry but an auto with a 4e would be garbage unless u could get a 4spd auto but i think it would still be garbage. Auto sucks for these cars man go manual!
What?? Are you MAD??? A 4EFTE in ANY transmission trim will be BETTER THAN a 3E-E any day of the week.

JDM 4EFTE - 135hp
JDM 5EFE - 100HP
JDM 5EFHE - 110hp

DOTMREP aka UTA
The ULTIMATE TERCEL ADVOCATE

·
RockStar
94 Tercel
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dotmrep, the engines you listed, are they easy to install or do you need to modify the car.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
direct bolt ins. minor mods to the wiring harness. i strongly suhhest you get it professionally done.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Not really, just tedious from what I observed. The right tools make it faster also. Kene is near you, check him out for help.

DOTMREP aka UTA
The ULTIMATE TERCEL ADVOCATE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts