Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 SR5 V6 4runner
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I finally am getting around tho the engine swap I have been wanting to do. I was planning on swaping my 3.4l for my 3.0l but I found a better solution. I have found a 3.0l 4runner engine that is fully performance built. It has 190hp/2210ftlbs @4800 rpm's. It was cheaper too but this then to but the 3.4 and the computer. I will be posting the whole swap. From taking apart to the finish. I have already pulled hte intake but I will have pics up tonight.

·
Registered
1993 SR5 V6 4runner
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1993 toyota 4runner v6 3.0l

whats an sbc? And i finally got the 3.0l out and the new 3.0l performance built is almost ready to go in. just waiting on my new a/c compressor.

·
No More Turbos!
1999 Toyota Tercel
172 Posts
SBC = Small Block Chevy

Though it's easier to swap one into a truck with a 22R than the V6. Still sounds like you'll get significantly more power than you had which is always good.

·
Registered
1993 SR5 V6 4runner
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i finished my engine swap. yay. but man is there a couple kinks i need to fix. transmission isn't down shifting and i have a auto so i have to use low, 2nd, drive, and overdrive lol its ridiculous. And when it gets warmed up it dies. something to with the idle i think. but now the fun part is i get to fix these kinks. I enjoy that part. The engine swap was a little too much action for me for just learning. Oh well I could probaly do a swap in a week now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts