uh, if it were me.....

time
money
knowledge
engine with turbo and downpipe
intercooler
piping
megasquirt ecu *or* stock ecu and wiring harness
tune up stuff (plugs, wires, coolant, oil, filters, all belts)

a garage, and tools.... but the first three are fairly important

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
buying a clip and working from there would your easier than accumulating the necessary stuff. Clips go for a little more than engines alone, but they come with the necessary hardware you will need for the swap! Are you going this yourself or is a shop doing this for you?

·
Registered
500 Posts
There's a number of Cali vendors on mr2oc.com that do swaps and have a pretty good rep. The only one I can think of off of the top of my head is chicoraceworks.com.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Gairloch said:
There's a number of Cali vendors on mr2oc.com that do swaps and have a pretty good rep. The only one I can think of off of the top of my head is chicoraceworks.com.
Honestly i'd rather go thru a dude on a forum who's done this swap than a local shop! Take the dude's advise, the forum dude's can help you better with adding non-oem stuff (boost controler, turbo-timer, etc)..which will be great in the long run!

·
Registered
500 Posts
jhbhatia said:
Honestly i'd rather go thru a dude on a forum who's done this swap than a local shop! Take the dude's advise, the forum dude's can help you better with adding non-oem stuff (boost controler, turbo-timer, etc)..which will be great in the long run!
I would agree with you but I hold the opinion that you are much more likely to get what you want if you work with a professional rather than even a talented amateur. A good builder will be able to recommend all that non-oem stuff that you talk about (they aren't toyota parts dealers) and have done the swap many many many times. The balance to that is you continue to research the choices that are being made or at least make sure that anything you don't fully understand is explained to your satisfaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.