Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high miler 2006 Yaris, over 317,000 KM. Shes a work horse and I really havent has much issues orher than the normal wear and tear
Brakes, original alternator reolaced. I do oil changes every 10,000 k and transmission oil drains twice a year.

However, today she has a new noise. Whether the car is warm or not at start up, the engine makes an almost rattling sound and I think I hear the fan on high. But as soon as I put into gear it kinda has whiney sound and idles down. I put into park, fine. Any gear is fine and drives fine. Though as soon as i turn it of and then start up again it does the same thing. Anyone know what it could be? Transmission?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you check if it was your radiator fan which went bad? Makes a loud rattling sound when it's on the way out. Had that happen last week and only noticed it once we had the hood open

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to check when I get home. Interestingly in the last week its not as loud. Some days now it starts with no noise at all. Will update.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Check electric fans for play. You can also remove the drive belt(s) and check all the rotating accessories for play/noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts