Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of issues with my 2008 Tacoma. The biggest is a badly blown headgasket. The last time I was blowing a LOT of steam out my exhaust and had a lot of power loss. I had been forced to drive with a blown head gasket(s) and it slowly got worse. Now it is very difficult to stat my truck - even a new fully charged deep cycle marina battery was not enough to jump start it. I needed another taco reving engine to get it started.

After about 3 weeks of not starting it I tried again. This time I got it started but cannot get it above idle. I push the gas to floor and waited and did not get any more rpm's

I Held the gas down for minutes and also tried pumping the gas with no affect on the engine idling below 1000 rpm.

Any idea what happened? I hope to drive it in to get fixed but currently that is not going to happen.

·
My Other Truck
3,786 Posts
Continuing to drive it with a known serious engine problem is simply asking for more trouble. If you were not in a position to have it repaired, it should have been parked until you could have the repairs done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know at this point I am sure I need a new engine. It would save a few $$$ by getting it there myself - odd that I cannot get it above idle. Never had any issue close to that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heads are warped for sure. You know the gyst so i will answer with my theory. You are leaking compression from the warped heads now. Compression misfire = severe lack of power and you will not be able to rev high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts