Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 toyota pickup
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the stock v6 toyota engine (at least for a 94 pickup) is 150 horse-power. I was wondering what modifications I can do to it to give it more horses :clap: , and also if it was possible to mount a bigger engine of any make under the little hood???????

Zack

·
rookie
796 Posts
you can only increase by 2 horses. one horse in the bed and one on a small trailer being towed. I wouldnt count on it. check into a 4.3 vortec, small block 350, or the real monster an SR20DET swap.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The word HP (horse power) is mis-used commonly by car sales people & manufacturers on tv commercials,it means nothing in the real world if you want to be specific the more HP the better the acceleration.You want more torque one way to achieve it is change gear ratios.
Installing a different engine requires alot of work and fabrication of custom parts as well as probably changing your rear & front gears to accomodate the excessive power increase due to more HP.And probably change the tranny/transfer case and modify the interior decor around the shifters too.

Sidney® ™
Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home
E-mail:[email protected]
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK with 252 000 KM

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
Big-Z said:
whats super charge?:confused:
supercharging is using a positive displacement pump or compressor which is mechanically driven to force air into the engine under pressure. This allows you to burn more fuel= more power.

Another type of compressor which is driven by the exhaust is a turbocharger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts