Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,338 Posts
So I know Enkei's have been around for years but are they a good quality rim? Looking for a nice black 18" rim . Any suggestions? Trying to stay under $300 a rim.
Yes, Enkei wheels are well made. I have a set of 17x8 PF01 that say right on them "Made In Japan". :clap:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,338 Posts
I was actually looking at the PF01 and like them just wasn't sure how well they looked on a corolla.
Charlie where's the best place to get solid wheels from?
I love the look of them on my Corolla. :thumbsup:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,338 Posts
RF01 in black... my fav wheels... super light and classic looks
I never have understood the following of the RF01. For a set of track wheels, sure since that are very light. For street use they look very small with the short spokes & they don't have center caps which looks unfinished. Also an all black wheel looks terrible, no different than a black steelie rolling down the road. :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I never have understood the following of the RF01. For a set of track wheels, sure since that are very light. For street use they look very small with the short spokes & they don't have center caps which looks unfinished. Also an all black wheel looks terrible, no different than a black steelie rolling down the road. :lol:
RF01 has caps they just aren't inlcuded like the PF01. Cant you just use the stock Toyota cap anyway? I always use the stock caps [or have on any of my european cars].

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,338 Posts
RF01 has caps they just aren't inlcuded like the PF01. Cant you just use the stock Toyota cap anyway? I always use the stock caps [or have on any of my european cars].
Years ago I looked at a set of 15" PF01's for my MR2. There is no cap available for that size which I don't understand. You can get caps for the larger sizes for $25 each which is a rip off. I still hate the small look of the wheel with the way the short spokes are designed.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
11,406 Posts
Agreed 100%. Whenever I see these wheels, I feel like the owner "copped out" and picked the same wheels as everyone else due to lack of creativity. But that's just how I see it.

·
Registered
10th gen corolla
56 Posts
Enkei imola 17x7.5 +40 215/45/17 Dunlop star specs!

Enkei is the best all-around wheel for the money! I would run any enkei wheel! My wheel aren't 18"s but I've had them for 4 years. They've gone around 45k on bumpy roads(only in summer) and 8 track days/3 autoX days. I inspect before each event and they're as perfect, as they were new! I wish I would have bought the PF's for weight but, happy with mine! The quality is GREAT and indicate(runout)well, unlike some wheels that look bent NEW!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.