Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just sayin hello and postin my stuff :)

Me: I work in IT Management and also help manage my family run repair shop. I'm an ASE Certified Technition and have been turning wrenches for almost 15 years. I take the engineers aproach to everything. If I don't know how it works, I find out. Needless to say, I read every underhood and motor magazine, as well as have a quite extensive library on engine and automotive design as well as performance tunning.

Mine/Mods: The project is an 89 Toyota Supra Turbo (MA70) with sport roof. It's about half way to completion. Right now it's stripped down to the shell and getting painted and having the 8 point cage installed. Then goes in the fully custom interior and lots of exotic and custom made parts. It's powerd by the reengineered 7M-GTE engine that shares bassicaly the block with the factory peice. All custom twin turbo power, front facing intake manifold, intercooler, engine management (AEM EMS). Lots of head work, titanium valves, shimless buckets, ceramic coating, custom pistons ect ect....

The daily whip is a 1998 Jaguar XJR, stock 400hp supercharged all aluminum V8. Thing runs mid to low 13s all day and is the most quiet comfy ride you can imagine.

Glad to be joinin a new forum :)

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
welcome to TN:D

what kind of hp or 1\4mile time goals are you aiming for with your supra? be sure to post up pics and keep us updated on your progress

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should be in the low 12's or 11's pretty easily on slicks, progress is always avaialble on my site, but I'll be sure to update here as well.... thanks for the interest :)

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Wow. You are rich. :(

You got pics of both cars?
I expect to see a big ass project seeing as you know so much. :D I wanna see a 800 hp supra. ;)

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Wow, nice work... Welcome to TN..

BTW, i HAVE to see that Jag :D

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
*drooools* I want one. Actually, i wouldnt Mind a Red E-Type roadster with White Leather interior. The first thing i would do with that is drop a V12 in there :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no mods... bone stock.... save for K&N drop in and some ice on the intercoolers. the thing is supercharged from the factory, it's an XJR.

ECU mods, SC pulley and maybe some intake and exhasut mods may come later, but I'm focusing on the Supra for now.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
^^ If you want to save a bunch of weight on those XJR's... dump the Climate controls... that is if you only plan to race the thing. Apparently, that is good for a 200kg weight reduction.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
dude that is a tight picture of your jag :banger:

·
LiL KareBear
218 Posts
dude thats awesome - very nice jag and good luck with the project - supras r very hot hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts