Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My entune keeps asking for me to download and install the same update: version: 1.0.170402

Once I've installed this update, everything works well for a bit and then entune apps stop working and entune once again asks for the same update. I've installed it, turned the vehicle off and once I turn it back on, entune once agains asks for the same update 1.01.170402.

This is really pissing me off and it's making me consider turning this in and going for a different vehicle.

Has anyone ran into this problem?

·
Registered
2019 Corolla HB XSE
98 Posts
I recommend taking it to the dealer. I had issues with Entune not working at all for about 3 weeks. The entire app suite was grayed out. I couldn't even get it to update.

I took mine back to the dealership and they confirmed my concerns. Apparently there's an update and the technicians applied it for me. This was done on January 11th. Since that time, Entune 3.0 has worked perfectly on my SE.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I believe a TSB covers this ...

Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
NHTSA ID Number: 10123429

Manufacturer Communication Number: T-TT-0460-17

Summary

TT: Some customers may experience a pop-up message while driving that will prompt them that an Entune? update is required. This is NOT the same update that is found in the Software Update TSB.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My entune keeps asking for me to download and install the same update: version: 1.0.170402

Once I've installed this update, everything works well for a bit and then entune apps stop working and entune once again asks for the same update. I've installed it, turned the vehicle off and once I turn it back on, entune once agains asks for the same update 1.01.170402.

This is really pissing me off and it's making me consider turning this in and going for a different vehicle.

Has anyone ran into this problem?
Simple fix:

1) Accept the update.
2) Drive to Honda dealer.
3) Trade-in Camry and purchase Accord with Apple Car Play.
4) Drive home one happy customer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Simple fix:

1) Accept the update.
2) Drive to Honda dealer.
3) Trade-in Camry and purchase Accord with Apple Car Play.
4) Drive home one happy customer.
They ruined the Accord in '18 by going away from the V6, making most of them CVT's, and sloping the rear end so it looks like an armadillo ass. The '17 Accord Touring was a work of art.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got the message this morning "update didnt work, please redownload" or some garbage. at least BT works.

i uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone, but couldnt login. tried the "forgot password" link, no email sent. tried to reregister, VIN not found.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's Year 2020. Entune 3.0. Same thing is still happening.
Entune keeps asking for me to download and install the same update: version: 1.1.000034

Everytime the update would be downloaded and installed completely. Next time I started the engine. Same thing goes over again, asking me to download and install the same update.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,289 Posts
It's Year 2020. Entune 3.0. Same thing is still happening.
Entune keeps asking for me to download and install the same update: version: 1.1.000034

Everytime the update would be downloaded and installed completely. Next time I started the engine. Same thing goes over again, asking me to download and install the same update.
delete personal data from entune and try it again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The '17 Accord Touring was a work of art.
Funny. I thought the 2016/newer Accords looked like ass. I had a 2013 and 2015. Those were the best looking, IMO, but I agree with you about the current models. I came really close to buying one but am glad now that I didn't because they just get uglier and uglier with time. lol

My 19 xse has been rock solid so far. 8,000+ miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts